Chancellor's Office Common Network Initiative (CNI)
Campus Network Upgrades
We are nearing the end of the work on the CNI campus network upgrade. The last step, called Final Test and Acceptance, is scheduled for Friday, April 24, between 5:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. and Friday, May 1, between 5:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. Here is what you need to know during those times:
- Expect intermittent outages.
- Non-state (Auxiliary operated) buildings were not included in the Chancellor Office-funding. Upgrades for these buildings will be scheduled at a later date
- Please contact the Help Desk at 278.5000 if you experience service issues after these time periods
- For questions, concerns, or to alert Technology Services of critical activity dates, please contact Jim Michael, 278.7001/ firstname.lastname@example.org, Mike Garvey, email@example.com or your respective IT Liaison
Information on the project, including the most current schedule and copies of previous email messages we have sent to campus users, is available at http://www.fresnostate.edu/technology/projects/
Please contact the Help Desk at 559.278.5000 if you have any questions or problems.
Prior Upgrade communications:
Instructions for placing EMERGENCY 911 calls and for reporting non-emergency issues during the network upgrade if phone service is interrupted:
To report an emergency, dial 911 from a cellular device. Your 911 call will be answered by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) dispatch center and transferred to the Fresno State Police Department once the type and location of the emergency has been identified.
BE PREPARED TO GIVE THE CHP DISPATCH CENTER THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- The type of emergency
- The exact location (Fresno State building, office, etc.) of the emergency
- Your contact information
For non-emergency calls during phone service interruptions, contact the Fresno State Police Department at 559.278.8400 on a cellular device.
Departments are highly encouraged to provide a copy of the instructions for placing EMERGENCY 911 calls and for reporting non-emergency issues during the network upgrade to each employee.
Thank you for your cooperation.
For questions or concerns, contact the Fresno State Police Department at 559.278.8400.
It is the policy of the CSU to make information technology resources and services accessible to all CSU students, faculty, staff and the general public, regardless of disability.