- Purchases Less than $50,000
- Purchases Greater than $50,000
- Information Technology Resources (ITR) Goods and Services
- How to Requisition
- Requisition for Services
- Blanket Purchase Orders
- How to print a copy of a Purchase Order for your files
Purchases Less than $50,000
Informal competition is acceptable for commodities, equipment or services of an amount less than $50,000, unless Procurement determines that competition is necessary to develop sources, validate prices, is in the best interest of the University, or for other sound business reasons.
Purchases for commodities, equipment or services which are greater than $50,000 shall require formal bidding and will be awarded to the lowest responsible bidder meeting specifications. Requests for bids must be advertised in California State Contracts Register for Fresno State at Bid Sync.
Less than $50,000 may be awarded to a DGS Certified Small Business without competition. However, whenever there is reason to believe a price quote from a single source is not fair and reasonable, the campus shall obtain at least two price quotes from responsible suppliers.
Greater than $50,000 and less than $100,000 may be awarded to a DGS Certified Small Business, as long as price quotations have been obtained from two or more small business.
Less than $50,000 may be awarded when the price has been determined to have met fair and reasonable standards. The attainment of the standard of "fair and reasonable" may be determined by, but not limited to, one of the following techniques:
- Catalog or Market Price
- Price Comparison
- Historical Pricing
- Controlled Pricing
- Informal Bid process
Greater than $50,000 and less than $250,000 may be the result of an informal bid process. These processes may be in the form of written or verbal quotes from vendors.
All requests for supplies and services are submitted to Procurement on a requisition form. Any special requirements or information, which will assist the buyer, should be included on the form.
Requisitions for commodities: Include information below as applicable
- Complete description including quantity, unit of measure, model or catalog number, manufacturer, color, style, etc.
- When ordering parts, include the manufacturer, part number or model number of the unit that the part is to fit.
- Vendor's quote(s) if available.
- Date needed for timely processing
- Requisitions must include a valid chart field string (PeopleSoft account number) and be signed by an authorized signer on that account. A signature authorization form must be on file in the Procurement and Support Services Office.
Include information below as applicable
- Complete description of the service being requested.
- Type of equipment including model and serial number
- Vendor's quote(s) if available
- Period of Service
- Billing Cycle
- Contact person and phone number
- Requisitions must include a valid chartfield string (PeopleSoft account number) and be signed by an authorized signer on that account. As signature authorization form must be on file in the Procurement and Support Services Office.
These are orders designed to accommodate campus needs on an on-going basis for a specified period of time. The blanket establishes the term of the agreement, general provisions, any special terms and conditions, a total cost-not-to-exceed for the effective term, order-placing authority, and shipment procedures.
Blanket purchase orders may not exceed $49,999 unless competitively bid or a sole source justification has been approved.
Alterations to increase the amount may be submitted as long as the $49,999 cost limitation is not exceeded.
When practical, new bid solicitations are encouraged in lieu of alterations so that the campus may continuously benefit from market competition. Please check with the appropriate buyer to assess your annual requirements for products or services covered under blanket orders.
To obtain a blanket purchase order submit a requisition to Procurement with the following information:
- Complete description for the goods or services
- Term of the agreement
- Authorized persons to order from the blanket and pick up merchandise
- Include any special delivery requirements
- PeopleSoft Chartfield
- Authorized original signature
- Contact Person's name and telephone number
- Contact Information for vendor