Public Works Defined
Public Works is defined as "the erection, construction, alteration, painting, repair, or improvement of any state structure, building, road, or other state improvement of any kind". (reference PCC Section 10701 and SUAM XII) Public Works projects at the CSU are divided into Major Capitol projects (estimated at greater than $400,000) and Minor Capitol projects (estimated at less than $400,000).
Public Works Purchasing Contacts
- Elizabeth Potter - Buyer III for Professional Services, Major Capital Construction
- Lorrie Westcott - Buyer II for Minor Capital Construction
Campus Departments should contact Facilities Management at 559.278.2424 for assistance in planning any construction or renovation project.
CSU Public Works References
- Public Works at CSU Fresno is governed by the Public Contract Code, Chapter 2.5 " California State University Contract Law",
- the State University Administrative Manual (SUAM),
- and Contract General Conditions.
Potential, and current, contractors and professional service providers should familiarize themselves with the contents of these governing documents to ensure delivery of a compliant project.