Furniture Project Considerations
- Furniture projects require time for research and planning.
Areas that may impact a project schedule may include, but are not
- Most furniture items are processed by special order and although "quick ship" products exist, most standard furniture items have a lead time of 6 - 10 weeks to arrive.
- New furniture plans and reconfigurations/modifications to existing furniture must be in compliance with current code regulations. ADA requirements and furniture plans require approval by campus architect.
- Depending on the complexity and cost of a plan, a project may be subject to the competitive bid process through the Procurement Department.
- Environmental requirements such as abatement of asbestos & lead, wall repairs, data & phone relocations, paint, re-carpet, relocation of electrical / plumbing, temporary storage needs or storage.
- In compliance with campus standards and Title 24, task lights are no longer permitted. A lighting assessment request may be submitted to the Facilities Furniture Desk for consideration.
- Coordinating furniture installation may include, but is not
- Workspaces must be readied to receive furniture.
- If you require Campus Moving Services - contact Ray at 278-7977, allow ample time to coordinate this request.
- Installation of furniture should be performed during business hours, unless otherwise specified during the planning stages. Special hours may be subject to additional fees.
- Upper floor deliveries require the use of an elevator, if one is not available, the project may be subject to added labor fees.
- Hallways and aisles must be kept clear and maintained in accordance with fire and building code requirements.
- Installation contractors must comply with campus insurance requirements, please refer them to Procurement & Support Services for further discussion.
- If your goal is to obtain a budget estimate for a potential project, please specify so at the time you are contacted by Facilities.
Furniture Contact Information
|For All Furniture Needs Contact:|
|Facilities - Furniture Desk||(559) 278-8114|
|New Office Plan|
|Existing Office Reconfiguration|
|Ergonomic Evaluations Contact:|
|Environmental Health & Safety||(559) 278-7422|
|Ergonomic Solution Recommendations|
|Furniture Procurement Questions:|
|Procurement & Support Services||(559) 278-3962|
|Purchase Order Questions|
|Campus Furniture Moves:|
|Warehouse & Property Services||278-7977|