Just One Day a Week!!
It is time to help reduce air pollution. Creeping traffic and smog prompts us to review a few of the reasons to consider seeking alternatives versus driving alone to work:
- Driving alone is expensive, isolating, stress inducing, and an environmentally destructive way to get to work.
- Money – The average American spends two out of every five dollars on auto-related expenses – more than on food, and second only to housing.
- Time - If you spend 40 minutes a day driving to and from work, and you leave your car at home 1 day a week, you will have 32 1/2 extra hours per year to spend reading, daydreaming, etc
- Incentives - see what the university offers their employees who use alternative transportation to commute to work.
Check these out:
- Looking for a carpool partner?
- Preferred Carpool Parking
- Ride a motorcycle.
- Don't want to drive, walk or ride a bike....take the bus!