Staff & Faculty Incentives
University employees, state or non-state are eligible to register for the Alternative Transportation Program. The ways to participate are explained below.
Each workday you use alternate transportation (carpool, bike, bus, motorcycle, walk, or telecommute) instead of driving alone to the campus, you earn 50 cents in Rideshare scrip. Scrip can be redeemed at the Kennel Bookstore, the Farm Market, the Bulldog Shop, and most on-campus eating establishments.
Please note: Only full-time, benefited faculty and staff are eligible for scrip.
How Scrip Works
Once the month has ended, Alternative Transportation Calendars are due by the 10th of the next month.
If the 10th of the month falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or a Holiday, the Rideshare calendar must be turned in by the last business day prior to the weekend or holiday ---NO EXCEPTIONS---
Scrip will be ready for pickup beginning on the 15th of the next month, for the previous month.
Preferred Carpool Parking
If you carpool to the campus with another university, state or non-state employee, or student you are eligible to receive a carpool permit.
- Two or more faculty/staff employees commuting to work together make you university carpool-eligible for preferential carpool parking.
- The carpool group must pledge to carpool a minimum of two days per week.
- Park in designated "Rideshare" spaces only on the day(s) carpoolers ride together. Single commuters cannot park in the rideshare spaces.
- Complete the Commuter Registration form and the Rideshare Permit Application
Bulldog Card FAX Program
Fresno State employees can now ride all Fresno Area buses for free, anytime, simply by swiping your Bulldog Card. Whether you are catching the bus to campus, or taking a trip across town, you can enjoy free, unlimited rides.
This pilot program is one of the many new alternative transportation initiatives Fresno State Police Department is pursuing this year. Keep an eye out for these other exciting projects:
- Locking skateboard and scooter racks will be installed in four locations on campus
- Electric vehicle charging stations will be constructed in parking lot P2
- Enterprise CarShare will bring online-booked, hourly car rental to campus
- Zimride carpool matching software will help students and employees find a carpool partner
There are four bus routes that serve Fresno State: Route 9, 28, 34, and 38.
For more information, visit: http://www.fresno.gov/fax/
Bike or Walk
Biking and walking are the only commute options which benefit not only the pocketbook but the heart, lungs, and mental health of the commuter. Cyclists and walkers also earn 50 cents a day in Rideshare scrip.