Staff & Faculty Incentives
Fresno State has launched Enterprise's Zimride carpool matching software for all students and employees. You can easily sign up by visiting http://www.zimride.com/FresnoState and using your myFresnoState username and password.
Beginning October 1, 2015, Zimride will also replace the current paper rideshare calendars. Commutes can be added up to 15 days back and seven days forward. Each day you have the option to add two modes of transportation, one for am and one for pm.
Beginning October 1st. each alternative transportation use will be an entry into a monthly drawing. The prizes will change from month to month. The drawings will occur on the 16th of each month.
Please note: Only employees are eligible for the monthly drawings.
To record your alternative transportation use in Zimride:
- Log into your account as described above.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on "Commute Calendar"
- Drag and drop your commute type onto each day of the month. The data is updated in real time. Once you've added your commute, that's it.
Preferred Carpool Parking
If you carpool to the campus with another university, state or non-state employee, or student you are eligible to receive a carpool permit.
- Two or more faculty/staff employees commuting to work together make you university carpool-eligible for preferential carpool parking.
- The carpool group must pledge to carpool a minimum of two days per week.
- Park in designated "Rideshare" spaces only on the day(s) carpoolers ride together. Single commuters cannot park in the rideshare spaces.
- Complete the Commuter Registration form and the Rideshare Permit Application.
Bulldog Card FAX Program
Fresno State employees and students can now ride all Fresno Area buses for free, anytime, simply by swiping your Bulldog Card. Whether you are catching the bus to campus, or taking a trip across town, you can enjoy free, unlimited rides.
This program is one of the many new alternative transportation initiatives Fresno State Police Department has launched this year. Keep an eye out for these other exciting projects:
- Enterprise CarShare will bring online-booked, hourly car rental to campus
- Employee Vanpool Program
- Barstow Avenue Bikeways will provide improved commuter-bicycling access for students and employees.
There are four bus routes that serve Fresno State: Route 9, 28, 34, and 38.
For more information, visit: http://www.fresno.gov/fax/