How to Drive a Roundabout
Below are some basic tips for driving in a roundabout.
For full directions, please see the "How to drive a roundabout," PDF provided by Omni-means.
When approaching a roundabout
- reduce your speed
- watch for pedestrians and bicyclists
- be prepared to stop if necessary, i.e. yield to circulating traffic on the left
Within a roundabout
- do not stop except to avoid a collision
- you have the right-of-way over entering traffic
- always keep to the right of the central island and travel in a counterclockwise direction
Exiting a roundabout
- maintain a slow speed upon exiting the roundabout
- always indicate your exit using your right turn signal