Alcohol Use & Drug-Free Workplace
The University is committed to creating a safe and healthy learning environment for all members of the campus community. The University disapproves of alcohol abuse, intoxication, and any resulting unacceptable conduct. The legal drinking age is 21 years and on-campus use of alcohol is limited to certain approved events and locations. Abuse of alcohol in any context will not be tolerated. Violations of state laws pertaining to the possession, use, and sale of alcoholic beverages, including underage violators, are enforced on campus.
The Policy On Campus Use of Alcoholic Beverages for California State University, Fresno http://www.fresnostate.edu/aps/documents/apm/646.pdf
University Health and Psychological Services Website
http://www.fresnostate.edu/health for resources and services.
Statement for students related to the Drug Free Schools and
The California State University, Fresno policy on a drug-free workplace sets forth the following guidelines for all students:
- It is the intent and obligation of the University to provide a drug-free, healthful, safe, and secure learning environment.
- The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance on the campus or while attending an official University function off-campus is absolutely prohibited and subject to disciplinary action.
- The on-campus use of alcohol is previously mentioned.
- The University recognizes drug/alcohol/chemical dependency as an illness and a major health problem. Students needing help in dealing with such problems are encouraged to utilize the service of University Health and Psychological Services, 559.278-2734. It has staff specially trained to assist students in dealing with chemical dependency.
- The University Student Conduct Code stipulates that students found in possession of dangerous drugs, restricted drugs, or narcotics, either for un-prescribed use or for sale, are subject to expulsion, suspension, probation or a lesser sanction as determined by the disciplinary hearing process. The code governing student conduct may be found in the schedule of courses, the general catalog, and the Student Affairs website: http://www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/judicialaffairs/title5.html
Questions regarding this policy can be directed to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Joyal Administration Building, Room 262, or by calling 559.278-2541.
University police members enforce all federal and state laws pertaining to violations of drug manufacturing, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use.