Skip to contentSkip to navigation

For Assistance

Physicians and counselors at University Health and Psychological Services ( will provide an assessment for a student and refer them for assistance. Assistance needed for alcohol and drug dependencies are referred to the Fresno New Connection (formerly the Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Council) at 559.248-1548. Other treatment programs may include:  Alcoholics Anonymous at 559.221-6907, or Narcotics Anonymous at 559.255-5881. 

Faculty and staff may contact the Employee Assistance Program, 559.278-4357, for confidential consultation regarding 'substance abuse' or other personal problems at no cost to the employee or member of their immediate family. A careful assessment of the situation will be made and alternatives will be offered which are both appropriate and affordable.

Community agencies are available to address drug and alcohol problems. Most of the various drug treatment programs offer no-cost assessment. They can be located in the Yellow Pages of the phone book under "Drug Abuse & Addiction Information & Treatment Centers" for those who prefer to seek help on their own.