Staff Recognition Awards
Nominations are now being accepted for a new staff recognition program modeled after the Provost’s Awards, which acknowledge faculty. Nominations will be accepted through March 20, and winners will be announced and honored at STAR Day on May 21, 2020.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION.
Any faculty member, administrator or staff may nominate any current state or auxiliary full time employee. Nominations must be submitted online by 5 pm March 20 and must include a statement detailing how the nominee meets each of the criteria.
Awardees will be invited to a special appreciation luncheon with President Castro. In addition, awardees will be eligible for $350 a cash award (subject to appropriate payroll taxes) or $350 in professional development funds.
Principles of Community - Outstanding Staff Award
The Principles of Community Outstanding Staff Award acknowledges a staff member who upholds Fresno State’s Principles of Community and consistently excels in his/her work. This award seeks to recognize a staff member who maintains a positive attitude, interacts with others in a friendly, welcoming and inclusive manner and inspires others to model these behaviors.
- RESPECTFUL: Approaches interpersonal interactions with collegiality and integrity. Values all employees and welcomes their contributions; listens to all perspectives with the intent to understand; honors word and commitments; maintains confidentiality and privacy as appropriate.
- KIND: Promotes a positive workplace culture and fosters a sense of belonging by demonstrating compassion, empathy, care and concern. Contributes to making Fresno State a welcoming community; uses words thoughtfully; acknowledges the contributions of others; assumes good intentions; is patient and supportive.
- COLLABORATIVE: Works collaboratively to achieve common goals, supports the greater good and embraces Fresno State’s mission. Builds relationships that create a positive work and learning environment; demonstrates support of other’s goals; considers diverse ideas and opinions and participates fully as a positive team member making space for others to shine.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Recognizes and acknowledges best aspects of the workplace and the talents of co-workers and faces challenges and obstacles with a positive attitude by clearly communicating expectations, goals, and objectives; explaining the purpose of decisions and actions, sharing honest and meaningful feedback in a timely manner and receiving feedback with an open mind; and taking responsibility for behaviors and actions.
The Innovation Award recognizes a staff member who has made exceptional contributions and improvements to his/her department or division through creativity and innovative thinking.
- Contributes creative ideas and service improvements leading to more effective and efficient processes, improvements to teaching and learning and/or cost savings.
- Encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing among co-workers to achieve positive outcomes.
- Goes the extra mile to ensure the success of the team and consistently delivers high quality service
Community Engagement Award
(in partnership with the Jan and Bud Richter Center for Community Engagement and Service-Learning)
The Community Engagement Award recognizes a staff member who works to make a difference in the local community. This award signifies our institutional commitment to community engagement and community service.
- Embodies a passion for community service and community collaboration.
- Exemplifies a positive impact on the local community.
- Community Service goes beyond the work done at Fresno State.
- Develops mutually beneficial partnerships between the community and Fresno State.
Lifelong Learner Award
(Nominations not accepted for this award; the recipient will be determined by the Office of Organizational Excellence based on data available in CSU Learn)
The Lifelong Learner Award recognizes the staff member who attends the most professional development classes in person and online offered through the Office of Organizational Excellence in an academic year.
Bulldog Spirit Award
The Bulldog Spirit award recognizes a staff member who displays exceptional Fresno State pride and spirit.
- Demonstrates spirit, passion and pride for working at Fresno State.
- Demonstrates a commitment to campus and community service.
- Displays excellent campus service and inspires others to high achievement.
- Embodies and embraces Fresno State traditions, values and Bulldog Pride.