Information for Showcase Exhibitors
What, When and Where?
Two-hour poster session featuring stories of success, innovation or best practice.
Friday, April 20
9:00 - 11:00 am
Satellite Student Union
Who should participate as exhibitors?
The Showcase is open to presenters from faculty, staff and student organizations at Fresno State. Individuals and/or teams are welcome.
What are the criteria for a good poster exhibit?
The showcase will feature a variety of innovations, planning and process improvement projects or initiatives in both academic departments and administrative units. Posters serve to help tell the story and demonstrate the impact on the unit and/or across campus. The poster highlights how the project or process achieves one or more of the following:
- Improves services to students, teaching or learning
- Engages students, faculty, staff and/or other constituents
- Advances the campus strategic priorities
- Saves time and/or resources
- Fixes an inefficient process
- Improves climate
- Develops new programs
- Increases effectiveness
Who is the audience?
- Campus leaders and administrators
How do I create a poster?
We know that time is precious and that not everyone has graphic design skills or time to design a poster from scratch. We made it simple so everyone who wishes to participate can.
- Template is a powerpoint slide. Simply insert your images and content.
- There are 3 sample formats to choose from. Please choose only one.
- Feel free to change the template or create your own.
- The template is already sized for printing at 30" x 40".
- Name your poster file using your project title_PSOE18. For example Food Security
Project would be saved as:
- If you need to upload a new version, please use projecttitle_PSOE18_update
- Upload the completed powerpoint no later than April 6, 2018.
- We will have the poster printed and mounted on day of event.
- Check out samples from last year.
What information should I include on my poster?
This is entirely up to you. Consider what elements are needed to best illustrate your project, work or initiative. Below is a list of components to consider. Feel free to pick and choose what works best to tell your story.
- Project Title (Insert on top bar of poster. As a rule title should be readable at
a distance of 4-5 ft.)
- Tagline (If applicable. Tagline should be no longer than 25 words and it should highlight the innovation and/or lesson learned.)
- Graphics: Illustrations, images, tables, photos, figures, info graphics, charts, flow charts, process maps, etc.
- Documentation of the impact this project had on your unit/or the campus
- Mission Statement/Visions/Goals
- Milestones/Achievements from conception to the present
- A look ahead/next steps
- Team members
What will my display look like?
Posters will be 30" tall x 40" wide and will be mounted on foam core and displayed on a free standing easel. We will provide the easel.
Full tables or shared tables are available upon request - be sure to indicate this when you register to participate.
Feel free to bring brochures, handouts or information to share.
If you have a video, multi-media or technology to share bring a laptop or tablet. (Please remember to charge device ahead of time as electric outlets will be limited.)
Can I keep my poster after the Showcase?
Yes indeed! We love to see the posters all around campus after the Showcase featuring stories of success, innovation and best practices.
Posters will be available for pick up at the Satellite Student Union Monday, April 23 from 8 - noon. If necessary arrangements can be made for delivery.
How is the Showcase connected with Vintage Days?
We have scheduled the Showcase the Friday of Vintage Days so the community could get a glimpse at all of the extraordinary work taking place at Fresno State. The official Showcase where exhibitors are expected to attend will be from 9 - 11 on Friday, April 20. The remainder of Friday and throughout Saturday the posters will be on display for Vintage Day visitors to browse museum-style. Staff will be present to watch over the displays and answer general questions about the Showcase.
Examples of Display Boards:
Check out some examples from last year.
Contact Kathleen Scott - firstname.lastname@example.org or 278-5299