Administrative professionals serving the university in various support roles will have the opportunity to network, share information and resources, learn from one another, and receive focused training to enhance their professional experience. This Academy seeks to create a learning community for administrative support staff in order to:
- Share knowledge, learn and solve problems collaboratively
- Increase awareness of campus resources, policies and procedures
- Create connections among administrative personnel (new hires with seasoned employees and staff of different divisions across the campus)
- Enhance skills and competencies of participants
- Better equip university for change
- Identify additional training needs for the campus community
- Enhance employee engagement
Key elements of the Administrative Academy will include:
- Information Sharing
Both new and seasoned Fresno state staff serving in administrative support roles are eligible to apply. Participants must submit an application expressing why they wish to participate, as well as receive support from their supervisor to participate in the entirety of the program. This can be attained through completing the supervisor signature on the bottom of the application. Attendance at all sessions (8) is expected.
Time: 2:00 -4:00 PM
Location: Vintage Room
September 22, 2017: CSU & Fresno State 101
October 20, 2017: Managing Change
November 17, 2017: Work Life Balance & Stress Management
December 15, 2017: Technology
January 19, 2018: Social Media & Branding for Yourself and Department
February 16, 2018: Lean & Organization Strategies
March 9, 2018: Communication Strategies
April 13, 2018: Celebration & Reflection
Visit our Professional Development Calendar for a complete list of additional professional development opportunities.
Fresno State encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please call the Office of Human Resources at 559-278-2032 in advance of your participation or visit.