Welcome to the Self-Service and How To Page!

Here you can find information on how to perform some of the most common requests for Payroll Services. Click on a heading below for more information.


Direct Deposit

Direct Deposit is a convenient method to automatically deposit all of your net earnings into the financial institution of your choice. Once you enroll, all your payments, including supplemental payments such as overtime, awards/bonuses, etc., are transferred to your financial institution.

Employees who wish to enroll must complete a Standard Form 699 (Direct Deposit Authorization Form). You can obtain one of these forms from the Human Resources/Payroll Office located in Room 211 of the Joyal Administration Building or obtain the form here. Upon completion, return the form to your Human Resources/Payroll Office.

Payroll Services then submits the form to the State Controller's Office for processing. The SCO will then notify your financial institution. This "Pre-notification" allows them to verify your account and routing numbers for future disposition of funds.

The entire process takes approximately 30-60 days. Any payments issued until the form is processed will be a paper check available for pick up at Cashier Services on the 1st floor of the Joyal Administration Building.

View Pay History

You can view your check stub online.

  • Go to web address: http://www.csufresno.edu
  • Select My Fresno State
  • Login (enter CSUF email username and password)
  • Select Employee Self Service
  • Select Payroll and Compensation
  • Select View Paycheck

Address Change

If you need to change your mailing address, the preferred method is online.

  • Log in to the Fresno State portal.
  • Under My Menu, click on the Employee Self Service link.
  • Select Personal Information Summary and review the addresses.
    • Home address is your permanent address, typically a street address.
    • Mailing address is the address where you would like to receive all mail sent to you from the university, and where the State Controller’s Office will mail your W-2.
    • Diploma address is where you would like to have your diploma sent.
  • Click Change home/mailing addresses.
  • Click on the Edit box for Mailing and key in your changes. The effective date defaults to the current date.
  • Click Save to complete and OK to confirm.
  • Repeat this step for another address type, if needed.
  • Click Return to Personal Information.
  • Expect an e-mail confirming MAIL Address Change.

As an alternative, you can go to Payroll Services, Joyal 211, and change your address via an Employee Action Request form. Office hours are 8 to 5, Monday through Friday. Please bring a picture ID.

If you have any questions about this, please call Payroll Services at 278-3960.

Employment Verification

The Work Number Employment and Income Verification

The Work Number is an employment and income verification system utilized by most State of California departments and campuses.  Employees at participating departments or campuses can use this system when it is necessary to provide employment or income verification to organizations such as mortgage companies or rental agencies.  

If the information that The Work Number service is providing to verifiers is inaccurate, please contact your human resources office.  Submit a dated memo or email to your human resources contact identifying the inaccurate data that is being provided through the service.               

How to Use The Work Number Service, STD. 501 

Work Number Employee Brochure, STD. 500 

Why can't I find my information on the Work Number? 

Participating Agencies 

The Work Number Work Sheet 

The Work Number FAQs 

Update Personal Information

To update your name, address, tax withholding, claim to be exempt and more, complete an EAR FormAdobe Acrobat Logo.

You can use this form to:

  1. Change Name: Complete Part C, D, I
  2. Change Address:  Complete Part C, F, I
  3. Change Tax Withholding: Complete Part C, E, I
  4. Correct Birthdate: Complete Part E, H, I
  5. Claim to be Exempt from Withholding: Complete Part C, E, Box IV, and I
  6. Change Withholding for Federal and/or State:  Complete C, E, Box III, and I

Once the form is completed, please submit the form to the Human Resources/Payroll Office in Room 211 of the Joyal Administration Building.

Nondisclosure of Employee Home Address

Complete this form to indicate that your home addresses and home telephone numbers shall not be deemed to be public records and shall not be open to public inspection, except that disclosure of that information may be made in certain circumstances (See form).

Request for Nondisclosure of Employee Home Address

Change Beneficiary of Last Check

To designate who your last check should go to, in case of death, you need to complete the Final Pay Warrant Designee. This is found by going to:

  • Go to web address: http://www.csufresno.edu
  • Select My Fresno State
  • Login (enter CSUF email username and password)
  • Select Employee Self Service
  • Select Payroll and Compensation
  • Select Final Pay Warrant Designee

Make sure to keep this information up to date!


W-2's are mailed to your home address by January 15th of each year. If you do not receive your W-2 by the end of January, you should contact the Payroll Office.

In the event you lose your W-2, or require a duplicate copy for another reason, you can request a duplicate. You may obtain a Standard form 436 (Request for duplicate Wage and Tax Statement) from your Payroll Office, or download State of California Duplicate W2-Wage and Tax Statement Request - Standard Form 436.

For more information, please refer to the State Controller's Website, here.

Unfortunately, W-2s are not available online and the Payroll Office does not have access to your W-2.

Defer Pay Upon Separation

When you separate from Fresno State, you have the option to defer part of your final pay to DC, TSA or PST plans (if eligible/applicable.) To defer your pay, complete the form below and submit to the Human Resources/Payroll Office in Joyal 211 at least 5 days from your separation.

Defer Pay Upon SeparationAdobe Acrobat Logo

How to Cancel Deductions

There are certain deductions which can only be cancelled by the organization/company that the deduction originates from. In these cases, you should contact the organization directly. In other situations, you must contact Payroll Operations at the State Controller's Office to cancel the deduction. 

For more information, please visit the SCO's website here.