EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
provided by Empathia
The campus has engaged the services of an external Employee Assistance Program, Empathia. Empathia is Knox-Keene licensed by the California Department of Managed Health Care as a specialty health care provider.
Empathia Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-367-7474. All calls and referrals are strictly confidential. These representatives are authorized to discuss your needs and direct you to an appropriate provider within the communities of Fresno and Clovis as well as the Central Valley. You may also visit Empathia online at www.mylifematters.com using the password “FresnoState”.
Margie Arreguin-Zarate provides onsite LifeMatters EAP services for Fresno State. Margie is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with many years of EAP experience.
Onsite Appointment Availability
- Thursdays and Fridays
- 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Location: Lab School 185
- Call 559-278-1655 or email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment
Reasons for onsite or in-person counseling include:
- Stress, depression, and personal problems
- Balancing work and personal needs
- Family and relationship concerns
- Alcohol and drug dependency
- Workplace conflicts
- Any other issue or concern in your life.
Empathia at a Quick Glance
Phone Access: (1-800-367-7474)
- 24 hours / day; 7 days/week
- Calls and referrals are held in strictest confidence
- Referrals to external counselors; 3 no-cost sessions
- Spanish-speaking Empathia representatives
- TDD for hearing-impaired
- Language Line Services (100 languages)
Website Resources: www.mylifematters.com (password: FresnoState
- Identity Theft
- WebMD & MedLIne Online
- Interactive e-Learning Sessions