Full-time appointments that exceed six months and half-time appointments (20 hours per week) for one year or longer require membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
Employees excluded from CalPERS membership are covered by the Part-Time, Seasonal, And Temporary Employees Retirement Program (PST) Program.
CalPERS eligible employees are encouraged to set-up their account online through my/CalPERS.
Your my|CalPERS account will provide you the following services:
- Confirm which dependents are covered on your plan or what health plans are available in your area.
- Calculate your future estimated retirement benefit.
- Estimate the cost to purchase additional service credit.
- Register for online or instructor-led retirement classes.
- Schedule personal appointments at one of their Regional Offices throughout the State.
CalPERS Retirement Benefits
Please contact Human Resources (559-278-2032) to determine your benefit formula, final compensation period or to discuss retirement plans.
- The plan is a defined benefit plan with retirement benefits calculated based on age at retirement, years of service and compensation.
- Any unused sick leave is converted to additional service credit if the employee retires within 120 days of separation from employment. Eight hours of sick leave equals one day (.004 of a year of service). It takes 250 days of sick leave to receive one year of service credit (.004 x 250 = 1 year).