2014 Open Enrollment
Monday, September 15, 2014
through Friday, October 10, 2014
The annual Open Enrollment period provides benefit eligible employee’s the opportunity to change their health/dental plans, add/delete dependents, enroll/cancel in FlexCash or enroll/re-enroll in the Flexible Spending plans [Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA), Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA)].
If you do not wish to make changes, additions or deletions, to your health or dental plan no action is required.
Open Enrollment Worksheets, FlexCash forms and Flexible Spending (DCRA & HCRA) forms must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 10, 2014. All plan changes and enrollments become effective January 1, 2015.
During the open enrollment period, eligible employees may request to:
- enroll in a health or dental plan, change health or dental plans, or add or delete eligible family members to health or dental plans;
- enroll or cancel FlexCash – an employee that has an alternate non-CSU medical and/or dental plans may elect to receive FlexCash with appropriate proof of alternate non-CSU coverage.
- enroll or re-enroll in the flexible spending plans for the new 2015 tax year.
- $128 for waiving the CSU medical plan or
- $12 for waiving the CSU dental plan or
- $140 for waiving the CSU medical and dental plan or
- Cancel current FlexCash enrollment and enroll in a health and/or dental plan.
Please note the maximum for the HCRA plan for 2015 pre-tax deduction amount will be $208.33 monthly ($2,500 annual maximum). The DCRA will remain at the same maximum pre-tax deduction amount of $416.66 monthly ($5,000 annual maximum).
2015 Health Plan Highlights
CalPERS offers six Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans and three Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans.
HMO plans - Anthem Blue Cross Traditional & Select (Anthem), Blue Shield of California Access + & NetValue, Kaiser Permanente and UnitedHealthcare.
PPO Plans – PersChoice, PersCare, and PersSelect
- Blue Shield HMO will no longer require the use of Centers of Excellence for knee/hip replacements.
- Removal of Blue Shield’s $250 outpatient hospital copay for upper endoscopes, colonoscopies, cataract surgery, and knee injections.
- Acupuncture and Chiropractic benefits for all HMO plans. – Plans that do not currently offer these services will provide 20 annual visits for (combined) acupuncture and/or chiropractic services, without regard to medical necessity, at the standard office visit copay level ($15).
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) maximum out-of-pocket requirements for HMO & PPO plans.
- Detailed 2015 plan changes and health plan information (HMO & PPO) can be viewed on the CalPERS website at www.calpers.ca.gov.
- CalPERS Open Enrollment website
- CSU Benefits website - select Fresno campus, then use your MyFresnoState login.
How to make changes during Open Enrollment
Health/dental changes, adding/deleting dependents, and FlexCash enrollments or cancellation will require you to submit a hard copy of the Open Enrollment Benefits Worksheet.
FlexCash enrollment and cancellations will also require the FlexCash Enrollment form.
- Download and complete the Open Enrollment Benefits Worksheet form.
- Attach required documentation* to the Open Enrollment Benefits Worksheet (i.e., copy of dependent birth certificate, marriage certificate, Domestic Partnership, proof of alternate non-CSU plan). Please note: Social security numbers are required for each dependent.
- If enrolling in FlexCash or cancelling FlexCash, complete the FlexCash Program Enrollment Authorization form and the Open Enrollment Benefits Worksheet form. If enrolling in FlexCash medical/dental attach a copy of your non-CSU medical and/or dental card to these forms.
- Submit all completed form(s) with required documentation* and deliver to Human Resources Office, Joyal Administration Building, Room 211 (second floor) during the business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hand delivery is preferred to ensure forms are received.
- The deadline date for submitting all Open Enrollment Worksheets and FlexCash forms will be no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 10, 2014. No exceptions.
- You will receive a receipt from Human Resources when you drop off the Open Enrollment Benefits Worksheet.
Enroll or Re-Enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account(DCRA)
If you are currently participating in one of these accounts and wish to continue your deduction for the next tax year or are new to the program(s), you will need to re-enroll/enroll during the Open Enrollment period by completing a new HCRA/DCRA Enrollment Authorization form.
- Submit completed DCRA/HCRA Enrollment Authorization form (hand delivered is preferred) to the Human Resources Office, Joyal Administration Building, Room 211 (second floor) during the business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The deadline date for submitting all HCRA/DCRA Enrollment Authorization forms for the Open Enrollment period requests will be no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 10, 2014. No exceptions.
- You will receive a receipt from Human Resources when you drop off the HCRA/DCRA Enrollment form.
Please note the maximum pre-tax deduction amount for the HCRA is $208.33 monthly ($2,500 annual maximum). The DCRA maximum pre-tax deduction amount is $416.66 monthly ($5,000 annual maximum).
Benny Card: If you participated in 2014 and re-enrolled in the HCRA plan for 2015, the remaining balance as of December 31, 2014 will be used to pay for eligible HCRA expenses incurred during the 2 ½ month grace period of January 1, 2015 through March 15, 2015. Debit Card transactions during the grace period will exhaust prior year funds first before deducting from the new plan year’s election amount.