Hazardous materials are everywhere on campus and in our homes. Following proper procedures and precautions when storing, handling or disturbing these materials will reduce the risk of illness or injury.
Required procedures and precautions include:
- Keeping an up-to-date inventory of your chemicals in storage, and regularly inspect chemical containers and storage areas.
- Ensuring that all chemical containers are properly labeled and in proper containers.
- Seeking out information that will help you know how to store and/or use a chemical safely.
- Knowing about asbestos and lead that may be present in the work place, and how to avoid disturbance.
- Providing training to employees who may handle hazardous materials. If you have a new employee who may handle hazardous materials, please notify EHS/RM of the training needs here.