It is important if you are using a cart on campus to remember that this is a pedestrian campus and that pedestrians have the right of way.
Please drive cautiously and safely while on campus streets and sidewalks.
Each university department that operates powered carts must:
- Ensure all cart drivers are authorized to drive a university vehicle
- Provide all drivers with adequate training prior to operation
- Ensure each cart is mechanically safe to operate
- Authorized Drivers must be on the list maintained by the Office of Environmental Health & Safety and Risk Management, and:
- Possess a valid California Drivers License;
- Maintain a good driving record;
- Completed Driving Authorization Process request;
- Log in to the Skillport Online Training website.
- Skillport Online Defensive Driving Fundamentals Training (1 hr)*
- Skillport Online CSU Powered Carts Training (15 mins)*
- *Online training available to paid employees only
- Non-Employees - Go through CART SAFETY GUIDELINES with a supervisor. Documentation of training completion must be maintained by department.
- Powered Cart Maintenance
- Do not operate a cart that is not properly equipped or defective.
- All carts must receive an annual safety inspection at the Ag Operations shop.
- A written summary of inspection results will be kept in department files