Power outages can occur due to rolling blackouts, extreme weather conditions, or can accompany other disasters such as earthquakes.
If there is no power available:
- Turn off and unplug appliances and computers. Leave one light on to indicate when power has been restored.
- Avoid using candles, as they are fire hazards.
- Do not use a gas stove for heating or operate generators indoors (including the garage.) Both could cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If a traffic signal is not working, treat it as a stop sign.
PG&E: (800) 743-5000 or www.pge.com