Medical & First Aid Emergencies
In the event of serious illness and/or injury:
- Call 559.278.8400 or 911 from a campus phone.
- Do not move the victim unless absolutely necessary.
- In case of heart attack or if breathing has stopped, call 559.278.8400 or 911 from a campus phone.
- A Fresno State Police Officer will respond. Fresno State Police Officers are trained in CPR and first aid procedures.
- Be alert for any jewelry with an inscription indicating a medical condition (for example: epilepsy, diabetes, heart condition) or other medical information. Bring this to the officer's attention as soon as he/she arrives on the scene.
- Comfort the victim as much as possible and try to keep him/her calm.