In a disaster, water supplies may be cut off or contaminated.
- Tap water from the campus wells or any municipal water system can be safely stored without additional treatment.
- Label and store in a cool, dark place.
- Replace water at least once every six months.
Commercially bottled "spring" or "drinking" water:
- Keep water in its original container, and don’t re-store a bottle once it’s been opened.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
- If bottles are not marked with the manufacturer’s expiration date, label with the date and replace bottles at least once per year.