Department Safety Coordinator
Department Safety Coordinators (DSCs) are appointed by each Dean, Director, Department Chair or Department Head and are critical to the effective implementation of the campus Injury and Illness Prevention Program. Each DSC will:
- Assist the Dean, Director, Department Chair or Department Head in the development and implementation of a department Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
- Serve as liaison with EH&S and other associated campus departments.
- Obtain health and safety information and conduct or arrange for educational training of employees regarding workplace hazards.
- Conduct periodic safety inspections of facilities, equipment and projects to identify unsafe conditions and practices.
- Make recommendations and initiate corrective actions regarding identified hazards or deficiencies
- Serve as liaison for the department on matters pertaining to inspections, accident/injury investigations, personnel safety, education and training, reports and technical consultants, and serve as the primary department resource person for coordinating these activities.
- Ensure maintenance of department records related to training, accident/injury, monitoring or other pertinent data.
- Assist with the development and implementation of evacuation plans, and assist with executing evacuation orders.