This document details how the University will comply with the IIPP requirements. It lists the compliance responsibilities for:
- Deans, Directors, Department Heads, Department Chairs and Campus Administration
- Office of Environmental Health and Safety
- Campus-wide Health and Safety Committee
- Department Safety Coordinators
Training to designed to meet the requirements set forth by CalOSHA for Injury and Illness Prevention can be found one of two ways:
- For state employees (including faculty, staff and paid student assistants) the training is available through SkillPort.
- Clicking or copying/pasting the link above will take you directly to the training itself after prompting for your state issued username and password.
- For non-state employees (including registered volunteers, foundation employees, association employees, stipend paid research students and those not otherwise able to login to SkillPort) the training is available through Blackboard.
- For now please email TILT Support with a simple message along the lines of "Non-State - IIPP training needed" and we will register you for the course. Once registered it will appear on your "my courses list" in blackboard.
- Clicking or copying/pasting the blackboard link above will take you directly to the training itself after prompting for your state issued username and password.
Department IIPP No Longer Required!
In the past departments were encouraged to create and maintain their very own Injury and Illness Prevention Plan. This is no longer thought to be best practice. Before you scrap everything however, a good portion of the work that was done may yet serve a vital purpose in the form of standard operating proceedures (SOPs). Further information about SOPs can be found on the Standard Operating Procedures page.
It is key that all employees take the Campus-wide IIPP training offered through skillport and familiarize themselves with the Campus IIPP.