Academic Field Trips
The Division of Student Affairs has certain requirements for classes taking field trips that are detailed in the Academic Off-Campus Events Policy. The policy is very helpful in organizing, planning and implementing a successful field trip. Please refer to the policy for specific information and the required forms.
The following is a summary of the forms and the distribution/retention requirements.
1) File Form 1 with the appropriate Dean, Chair, or Vice President, or their designee, at least fifteen (15) working days prior to the scheduled off-campus event.
2) Collect a signed Form 2 and Form 3 from each trip participant at least five (5) working days before departing for the event.
3) File a trip roster, copy of Form 1 and all collected Forms 2 with the department office at least five (5) working days before departing for the event. The department must retain these copies for one (1) year.
4) File a trip roster, copy of Form 1 and all collected Forms 3 with the University Police Department before departing for the event. The forms should be in a sealed envelope to protect participants' confidentiality and will be opened only in an emergency.
5) The event leader must take a trip roster and a copy of each participants' Form 3 to the off-campus event. The forms should be in sealed envelopes to protect participants' confidentiality and will be opened only in an emergency.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs at 278-2541 or Lisa Kao at 278-6910.