Located just south of the fountain, this area was designed to mimic a dry river bed. The plantings thrive in this shady location and bloom in the spring. There is a small path that allows you to walk through this area and feel secluded from the hustle and bustle of the Free Speech Area.
- Sequoia sempervirens- Coastal Redwood
- Acer palmatum- Japanese Maple
- Rhododendron- Azalea
- Ophiopogan japanicus- Mondo Grass
- Liriope muscari
- Liriope muscari "Variegata"
- Iberis- Candy Tuft
- Colocasia esculenta- Elephant's Ear
- Pachysandra terminalis- Japanese Spushe
- Calocedrus decurrens- Incense Cedar
- Pinus nigra- Austrian Black Pine
- Hemerocallis- Day Lily
- Clivia miniata- Kaffir Lily
- Bletilla striata- Chinese Ground Orchid
- Moraea bicolor- Fortnight Lily
- Woodwardia fumbriata- Giant Chain Fern
- Agapanthus- Lily of the Nile "Peter Pan"