One person from the group should be assigned as the Group Leader. The Group Leader must travel with the group to the destination. He/she will be financially responsible for the entire group.
Any advance or reimbursement issued for the group's expenses will be paid to the Group Leader, who will then distribute the funds to the students.
- Airline tickets may be secured through Travel Shoppe in Fresno, and the invoice paid by Accounting (Please see Travel Supplier Payments below).
- Individual Students traveling on state funds may use the Business Travel Account (BTA) Direct Bill account as a "Guest Traveler". Prior approval must be obtained by submitting a BTA Action Request form to Accounting Services on behalf of the student.
- Student Groups traveling on state funds may use the BTA Direct Bill account. Prior approval must be obtained by submitting a BTA Action Request form to Accounting Services on behalf of the student group. Group travel arrangements must be made with a CALTravelStore agent directly. See CALTravelStore/Concur for more information
- A student or Group Leader may choose to take advantage of State Car Rental rates through Enterprise by using the appropriate California State University Fresno Corporate Code. The rental car must be prepaid, and the original receipt submitted on a Travel Expense Claim for reimbursement. Please call the Travel Desk to obtain the appropriate corporate code.
- The Car Rental Business Travel Account (CRBTA) Direct Bill account is not available for student or student group travel use
- If a driver is not a university employee, a Volunteer Form must be on file with Human Resources. Contact Human Resources at 278-2032 for more information
- Proof of completion of Defensive Driving Training will be required. Contact Environmental Health & Safety, Risk Management and Sustainability Office at 278-7422 for more information
- 15-passenger van rentals are prohibited
- Students, volunteers, and non-state employees traveling on state business should contact the Travel Desk at 278-2911 for special rental instructions to ensure state-required liability insurance is included in the rental.
- Please read the CSU Driving Policy before arranging a rental car
- Proof of completion of Defensive Driving Training is required.
Please see information about Travel Advances here: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/accountingservices/travel/traveladvance.html
Registration Fees & Travel Vendor Payments
Please see information about Registration Fees & Travel Vendor Payments here: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/accountingservices/travel/registration.html