Travel Information


First time users must submit a Business Traveler Account (BTA) form (available at My Fresno State>Forms Portfolio) to receive a temporary password to Concur. Go to to use Concur for all employee business travel.

  • Click on "Concur login", and enter your user name. Need assistance with login? Contact Marie Cuningham (contact info at bottom of page) if you require assistance
  • Click on "Concur New User Guide" for help navigating the Concur tool
  • Concur online tool is not available for personal travel

Airfare, rail and car rental reservations are automatically billed to the university. Hotel reservations made through Concur require a credit card to "hold" the reservation and must be paid by the employee upon checkoutPlanning student group travel? Call CALTRAVELSTORE and speak with an agent directly at 1-877-454-8785 between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (PST).

Vehicle Transportation


Anyone driving on state business is required to obtain authorization from the Department of Environmental Health and Safety and Risk Management before traveling.  Please review and complete all requirements well in advance to ensure time for processing information and forms.  

Rental Vehicles

Enterprise Rent-a-Car and National Car Rental are the only State-authorized rental agencies.  The primary agency is Enterprise.  National is used for out-of-state and international travel.

  • Vehicle size should be no larger than standard
  • Short-term domestic rentals will not incur one-way drop charges
  • Gas reimbursement is allowed for rental vehicles. Employees are required to return rental vehicles with a full tank of gas
  • Reservations must be made online at to take advantage of the CRBTA (Car Rental Business Travel Account). The rental charge will be billed directly to the University. Receipts must be turned in to Accounting Services immediately after return
  • The CRBTA is not for personal travel.
  •  Note:  Students, volunteers, and non-state employees traveling on State business should contact the travel office at 278-2911 for special rental instructions to ensure state-required liability insurance is included in the rental.

Private Vehicle Use

  • Mileage allowed is 100 round-trip miles per business travel day. Employees traveling over 100 round-trip miles are required to rent a vehicle.
  • The mileage rate for travel occurring on or after January 1, 2015 will increase from 56 cents per mile to 57.5 cents per mile. The mileage rate for employees moving/relocating on or after January 1, 2015 will decrease from 23.5 cents per mile to 23 cents per mile.

Policies & Procedures

Travel Forms

Travel Links


Marie Cuningham (559) 278-2911
TravelStore   (877) 454-8785