Fresno State offers several ways to pay tuition, fees and other charges. Click on a payment option below to view instructions for use:
- Online payments use e-Pay (electronic check), SmartPay (credit card), International Foreign Transfer, or BankMobile Vibe
- Pay in person with check, Cashier's Check, Money Order or credit card
- Send payment by mail
- Enroll in a payment plan
- Postpone payment of tuition with a fee waiver or deferment
- Learn about Student Account holds for non-payment
- View the California State University Fee Rates statement.
Online payments are accepted for:
- Tuition and fees
- Continuing and Global Education (i.e. Extension, Open University) registration
- Student parking permits
- All other miscellaneous charges reflected on student account balances.
Choose from one of the following online payment methods:
Credit Card Payments using SmartPay
There is a 2.75% service charge on all payment transactions when using this method. Fresno State accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express through SmartPay. Click here for step-by-step instructions to pay using SmartPay and a credit card.
International Foreign Transfer (IFT)
Service charge depends on your country of origin foreign currency rate. For step-by-step instructions to pay with IFT click here.
Pay in Person
Cash, checks, cashier's check, money orders, and VISA or MasterCard are accepted at Cashiering Services located in the south lobby of the Joyal Administration Building. The cardholder must present a valid identification (i.e. driver's license, passport, etc.) with credit card.
Checks, Cashier's Check, Money Orders
When you give Fresno State a check, Cashier's Check or Money Order as payment, you authorize us to either:
- Use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account, or to
- Process the payment as a check transaction.
- Make Personal Checks, Cashier's Check or Money Orders payable to: California State University, Fresno
Pay by Mail
The University is not responsible for delayed or lost mail. Information required on the face of the check, cashier's check or money orders:
- Student's first and last name
- Fresno State identification number
- Description of fee being paid (in note area of the check)
Mail check, cashier's check, or money orders to:
California State University, Fresno
Cashiering Services - Joyal Administration Building
5150 North Maple Avenue, M/S: JA 58
Fresno, CA 93740-8026
Writing a bad check is against the law. Recipients (receiver) of bad checks may sue the individual in California Small Claims court for three times the amount of the check or $100, whichever is more. In addition, suit may be made against the Payer for the face value of the check and all court costs. (California Civil Code, Chapter 522, Section 1719).
Writing a bad check will result in the following:
- Attachment of your University records and denial of all services
- A $20.00 processing charge
- Cancellation of enrollment. Once cancelled, you will not be reinstated
- Payment for returned checks must be made with a cashier's check or money order
- Personal checks will not be accepted, including checks written by a friend or relative
- Placing a "Stop Payment" or "closing" your account will not release you from your financial obligation, nor will it automatically drop you from enrollment
Tuition Fee Waivers, Deferments, Payment Plans, Sponsorships
Fresno State offers many fee waiver and deferment programs. Have you been awarded a fee waiver or deferment and have questions? Click here for a list of contacts to assist you with the payment process..
Tuition Payment Plans
Pay your tuition and fees in installments. Download a Tuition and Fees Payment Plan contract, or pick-up a copy of the contract at the Student Accounts office. The first payment for Fall Semester 2019 is due July 31, 2019.
Fall Semester 2019
- Fall Semester 2019 Tuition Fee Payment Plan for Residents Terms and Provisions
- Non-Resident Tuition Fee Payment Plan Contract - Fall Semester 2019
Summer Semester 2019
- Summer 2019 Tuition Fee Payment Plan for Residents
(Undergraduate, Credential Program, and Graduate/Post Baccalaureate)
- Summer 2019 Tuition Fee Payment Plan for Residents (Doctorate Education, Doctorate Nursing Practice, and Doctorate Physical Therapy)
Student Account Holds for Non-Payment
A hold will be placed on a student's account for any unpaid obligations owed to the University. Students will be denied class registration, grades, transcripts and other university services until all obligations are paid. For more information, please contact the department on campus that requested placement of the student hold (California Administrative Code, Title 5, Section 42381).