The Official ID Card of Fresno State
Fresno State issues an identification card for students and employees (faculty and staff). Your Bulldog Card is all you need to access services and events across campus. Your card can also be used off campus to ride FAX, Clovis Transit and the V-Line for Free. Click here to learn more about cardholder benefits.
How do I get a card?
New Students, including New Transfer Students
- New students attending Dog Days have the opportunity to obtain their ID card during orientation
- All other new students, including new transfer students not attending Dog Days, must be registered for classes. Then plan to stop by our office at least 24-hours after registering for classes to fill out a brief application form and pose for a photo. Your card is printed while you wait.
New Faculty and Staff
New faculty and staff complete employee on-boarding with Human Resources or Academic Personnel. On-boarding paperwork includes a signed Faculty/Staff Application and Agreement Form. Bring your paperwork and government identification card with you to Bulldog Card 24-hours after your first day on the job, or after signing an academic contract, when our data systems will be updated with your information.
Valid Government Identification
Everyone needs to provide a valid and unexpired government ID card. Any one of the following is accepted:
- State issued driver's license
- State issued identification card
- Valid Passport/Visa
- United States Military ID
- Recent photo ID card from high school or community college
Photocopies, or a picture of your government ID card is not accepted. Please call Bulldog Card at 559.278.5608 with questions.
Problem or Damaged Card?
Having a problem using your card, or can't access the funds in your Bulldog Bucks account? Bring your card to our office for assistance. Location information is on the bottom of this page.
Lose Your Card? Freeze Your Card
First protect the money on your account and freeze your card online at Blackboard. Login to Blackboard and click on the Bulldog Card tab (located in the upper-right corner). Here you can manage your account, view transactions and follow online instructions to freeze your card. Click here to learn how to replace a lost Bulldog Card.
Terms and Conditions
The Bulldog Card is property of Fresno State and terms and conditions of use do apply. Click here for a PDF containing Terms and Conditions of use.
- During the fall and spring semesters: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (open during lunch)
- Summer hours: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. We will be away from the office attending new student orientation sessions many days during the summer. Please call in advance of stopping by to ensure someone will be available to assist you.
We are located in the Joyal Administration Building, Room 156. You will find our office near the back of the building, From the Cashier's Windows (south lobby of Joyal), go around the corner and walk down to the end of the hallway.