FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the bulldog card?
Fresno State issues an identification card, known as the "Bulldog Card" to students and employees (faculty and staff). Your Bulldog Card gets you access to free services, events on campus and transportation.
What is the bulldog card used for?
- Access to Save Mart Center Box Office and University Student Union Bowling
- Students can purchase parking passes at the Parking Office on Barstow Avenue
- Rent and buy textbooks at the Kennel Bookstore
- Discount student football tickets
- Swipe your card to print, copy, scan and FAX on campus
- Make purchases at Starbucks (in the Library), The Bucket, Robertito’s, Panda Express, Subway, Taco Bell, Juice It Up! , and Paws-n-Go markets around campus
- Entrance to the Bike Barns and access to emergency bike repair kits inside
- Check out tablets, laptops, cameras, hotspots, etc. from the Tech Lending
- Reserve study room, and attend on campus workshops
- Access information at: Admissions, Records, Evaluations offices, Financial Aid, Cashiering, Student Accounts, Parking, Student Advising Services, Career Services, and more
- Entrance to Student Recreation Center by the Save Mart
- Entrance to University Courtyard dorms, laundry facilities and Residence Dining Hall
- Access to Meditation & Prayer room
- Access to Student Health Center
- Purchase discounted entertainment tickets at the USU Information Center
What if I lose my bulldog card?
- Please click here for instructions on replacing a lost card.
I changed my name, can I get a new bulldog card for free?
Yes, you can receive a new bulldog card at no cost when you change your name.
Students: Go to Admissions Services windows for assistance, or click here for information from the Registrar's office. Wait a minimum of 24-hours, then log into My Fresno State to view your updated last name. If your last name is correct, please email the Bulldog Card Office at email@example.com, explain that you have changed your name and you need a new card and instructions on receiving your new card will be sent to you.
Faculty & Staff: Go to My Fresno State > Employee Self Service> Names. Change your first/middle name, then wait a minimum of 24-hours and return to My Fresno State to view your updated name. Then go to Bulldog Card and turn in your old card.
Contact your Human Resources department for information about processing a last name change:
- Human Resources 559.278.2032
- Office of Faculty Affairs 559.278.3027
- Auxiliary & Foundation Human Resources 559.278.0865
- Athletic Corporation Human Resources 559.278.6690
- Bulldog Foundation 559.278.7160
Does my bulldog card expirie?
Students: One ID card is good for an entire collegiate career, including undergraduate and graduate. As long as the student is enrolled for classes and tuition and fees are current, the ID card will be active on the first day of the semester. The ID card will change to inactive at the end of the semester.
Continuing and Global Education (CGE): The Bulldog Card issued to students in CGE, Extension and Open University is good for the semester the card was issued. The card can be renewed for every semester a student is taking classes for $5.
Employees (Faculty and Staff):
Your ID card is good for the duration of your career at Fresno State
What is Normal Wear and Use?
Wear to the front or back of a card occurs over a period of time from campus door locks and card swipe machines.
Do I need to get a card every semester?
No, your card is valid for your entire collegiate career
- You will need a replacment if your card is damaged
How long does it take for me to get my bulldog card?
Mailing: 7 business day, once approved