Direct Pay Processing
Direct Pay is available for eligible expenses directly charged to a department's account without a purchase order, and with some limitations. Direct Pay requests, including non-payroll reimbursements to employees, are submitted to Accounts Payable for processing.
Prior to an event, if your department plans to purchase food, please submit the Direct Pay/Hospitality form to Procurement for pre-approval. After it has been approved and returned to your department, attach invoice and receipts and send to Accounts Payable for processing. Refer to the Campus Policy Regarding the Payment or Reimbursement of Hospitality Expenses (Including Food, Refreshments, and Food Related Items).
Is the Expenditure Eligible for Direct Pay?
Pursuant to California State University policy, Accounts Payable is not allowed to pay for:
- Food and Dining Services require pre-approval from Procurement and Support Services 278-2111
- Department or employee reimbursements exceeding $300 require pre-approval from Procurement 278-2111
- Services to any California State University employee, including students, for services performed that would be paid through campus payroll. For more information about this exclusion contact the Payroll Office at 278-2032.
- Click here for a list of Direct Pay Allowable Operating Expenses
Payment for services less than $5,000 requires an invoice from the payee and a 204 form. The 204 form must be filled out completely and have original signatures.
You are encouraged to use your department's Pro-card for membership and subscription expenditures when possible. All other memberships should include a justification, business purpose and benefit to the university.
Reimbursement to Departments
Order of Paperwork:
- Direct Pay/Hospitality Form
- Vendor Invoice
- Original itemized receipts (include adding machine tape totaling amount to be reimbursed)
- Original approving signatures (no photocopies)
- Send by campus mail to Accounting Services JA58
Reimbursements to Employees
- Employees are required to be enrolled in the non-payroll direct deposit program before submitting a Direct Pay
- Complete the Direct Pay Form located in My Fresno State>Forms Portfolio
- Attach original receipt(s) verifying payment was made
- Send to Accounts Payable mailstop: JA58 for processing.