Direct Pay Processing
Direct Pay processing is available for eligible expenditures directly charged to a department's account without a purchase order. Direct Pay requests, including non-payroll reimbursements to employees, are submitted to Accounts Payable for processing.
Is the Expenditure Eligible for Direct Pay?
Pursuant to California State University policy, Accounts Payable is not allowed to pay for services to any California State University employee, including students for services performed that would be paid through campus payroll. Please contact the Payroll Office at 278-2032 with questions.
Reimbursements to Employees
- Complete the Direct Pay Form (My Fresno State>Forms Portfolio)
- Attach original receipt(s) verifying payment was made
- Reimbursements exceeding $300.00 and food purchases require approval from Procurement
- Employees are required to enroll in the non-payroll direct deposit program.
Payment for services less than $5,000 requires an invoice from the payee and a 204 form. The 204 form must be filled out completely with original signatures
You are encouraged to use your department's Pro-card for membership and subscription expenditures when possible. All other memberships should include a justification, business purpose and benefit to the university.
Refer to the Campus Policy Regarding the Payment or Reimbursement of Hospitality Expenses (Including Food, Refreshments, and Food Related Items). Prior to an event, if your department plans to purchase food, please submit the Direct Pay/Hospitality form to Procurement for pre-approval. After it has been approved and returned to your department, attach invoice and receipts and send to Accounts Payable for processing.
Submitting Direct Pay
Order of Paperwork:
- Direct Pay/Hospitality Form
- Vendor Invoice
- Original itemized receipts (include adding machine tape totaling amount to be reimbursed)
- Original approving signatures (no photocopies)
- Send by campus mail to Accounting Services JA58