Direct Pay Processing
Expenditures eligible to be directly charged to a department's account, without the establishment of a purchase order, can be submitted to Accounts Payable on an approved Direct Pay/Hospitality form (available from My Fresno State>Forms Portfolio).
Freeze Guidelines: Fiscal Year 2014/2015
All Direct Pay requests exceeding $1,000 must be approved by the Director/Dean with written justification forwarded to the Provost/Vice President for approval PRIOR to submitting to our office for processing.
Is the Expenditure Eligible for Direct Pay?
Non-payroll payments to employees owed expense reimbursements. Accounts Payable is not allowed to pay Fresno State employees and/or students that would otherwise be paid through the Fresno State Payroll Office. Please contact the Payroll Office at 278-2032 with questions, or click here to learn more about Direct Pay pay processing.
Reimbursements to Employees
- Complete the Direct Pay Form (My Fresno State>Forms Portfolio)
- Attach original receipt(s) verifying payment was made
- Reimbursements exceeding $300.00 and food purchases require approval from Procurement
- Employees are encouraged to enroll in the non-payroll direct deposit program.
Payment for services less than $5,000 requires an invoice from the payee and a 204 form. The 204 form must be filled out completely with original signatures
You are encouraged to use your department's Pro-card for membership and subscription expenditures when possible. All other memberships should include a justification, business purpose and benefit to the university.
Refer to the Campus Policy Regarding the Payment or Reimbursement of Hospitality Expenses (Including Food, Refreshments, and Food Related Items). Prior to an event, if your department plans on purchasing food, submit the Direct Pay/Hospitality form to Procurement for Pre-approval. After it has been approved and returned to your department, attach invoice and receipts and send to Accounts Payable for processing.
Submitting Direct Pay
Order of Paperwork:
- Direct Pay Form
- Vendor Invoice
- Original Receipts (include adding machine tape totaling amount to be reimbursed)
- Required original approval signatures
- Please staple
- Send by campus mail to Accounting Services JA58