Direct Pay Processing
Expenditures eligible to be directly charged to a department's account without the establishment of a purchase order can be submitted to Accounts Payable, JA 58, on an approved "Direct Pay/Hospitality" form.
- Determine if expenditure is eligible to be paid by Direct Pay
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE IS NOT ALLOWED TO PAY FOR SERVICES TO ANY CSU EMPLOYEE, INCLUDING STUDENTS THAT ARE PAID THROUGH CAMPUS PAYROLL. PLEASE CONTACT THE PAYROLL OFFICE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION .
FREEZE GUIDELINES Fiscal Year 2012/2013:
ALL Direct Pay forms exceeding $1,000 must be approved by the Director/Dean with written justification forwarded to the Provost/V.P. for approval PRIOR to submitting to accounting for processing.
- Reimbursements to Employees:
- Completed Direct Pay Form.
- Original receipt(s) verifying payment was made.
- Reimbursements exceeding $300.00 and food purchases require approval from Procurement.
- Employees are strongly encouraged to enroll in the non-payroll direct deposit program.
Payment for services less than $5,000 requires an invoice from payee and a 204 form. The invoice (Informed Filler) for honorariums must be filled out completely with original signatures.
- You are encouraged to use your departments pro-card for membership and subscription expenditures when possible.
- Memberships should include a justification, business purpose, benefit to University.
- Food Justifications:
Please refer to the Campus Policy Regarding the Payment or Reimbursement of Hospitality Expenses (Including Food, Refreshments, and Food Related Items). Prior to an event, if your department plans on purchasing food, submit the Direct Pay/Hospitality form to Procurement JA 111 for Pre-approval. After it has been approved and returned to your department, attach invoice and receipts to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Submitting Direct Pay form to Accounts Payable for Processing. Order of Paperwork:
- Direct Pay Form.
- Vendor Invoice.
- Original Receipts (include adding machine tape totaling amount to be reimbursed).
- Required original approval signatures.
- Please staple.