Fresno State offers several ways for you to pay your tuition, fees and other charges. Click on a payment option below to view instructions for use:
- For online payments use: E-Pay (electronic check), SmartPay (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa), International Foreign Transfer, or Bankmobile Vibe
- Pay in person with a check, Cashier's Check, Money Order or credit card (Visa or MasterCard only)
- Send payment by mail
- Payment Plan is also available, and in some cases fee waiver, or deferment.
Student Account Holds for Non-Payment
A hold will be placed on a student's account for any unpaid obligations owed to the University. Students under this category will be denied class registration, grades, transcripts and other university services until all obligations are paid. For further information, please contact the department on campus that requested placement of the student hold. (California Administrative Code, Title 5, Section 42381)
On-line payments are accepted for tuition and fees, Continuing and Global Education registration, student parking permits, and all other miscellaneous charges reflected on student account balances. Choose from one of the following:
E-Pay (electronic check) through My Fresno State
Credit Card Payments using SmartPay
There is a 2.75% service charge on all payment transactions when using this method. Fresno State accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express through SmartPay. Should you chose to pay with credit card in person, Fresno State only accepts Visa and MasterCard at the Cashier's Services. Click here for step-by-step instructions to pay using SmartPay and a credit card.
International Foreign Transfer (IFT)
Service charge depends on your country of origin foreign currency rate. For step-by-step instructions to pay with IFT click here.
Pay in Person
Cash, checks, cashier's check, money orders, and VISA or MasterCard are accepted at Cashiering Services located in the south lobby of the Joyal Administration Building. The cardholder must present a valid identification (i.e. driver's license, passport, etc.) with credit card.
Checks, Cashier's Check, Money Orders
When you give Fresno State a check, Cashier's Check or Money Order as payment, you authorize us to either 1) use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account, or 2) to process the payment as a check transaction.
Make Personal Checks, Cashier's Check or Money Orders payable to: California State University, Fresno
Writing a bad check is against the law. Recipients of bad checks may sue the Payer in Small Claims court for three times the amount of the check or $100, whichever is more. In addition, suit may be made against the Payer for the face value of the check and all court costs. (California Civil Code, Chapter 522, Section 1719).
Writing a bad check will result in the following:
- Attachment of your University records and denial of all services.
- A $20.00 processing charge.
- Cancellation of enrollment. Once cancelled, you will not be reinstated.
- Payment for returned checks must be made with a cashier's check or money order.
- Personal checks will not be accepted, including checks written by a friend or relative.
- Placing a "Stop Payment" or "closing" your account will not release you from your financial obligation nor will it automatically drop you from enrollment.
Pay by Mail
The University is not responsible for delayed or lost mail. Information required on the face of the check, cashier's check or money orders:
- Student's first and last name
- Fresno State identification number
- Description of fee being paid (in note area of the check)
Mail checks, cashier's check, or money orders to:
California State University, Fresno
Cashiering Services - Joyal Administration Building
5150 North Maple Avenue, M/S: JA 58
Fresno, CA 93740-0826
Tuition Fee Waivers, Deferments, Payment Plans, Sponsorships
Pay your tuition & fees in installments. Download a Tuition & Fees Payment Plan contract, or pick-up a copy of the contract at the Student Accounts office.
- Fall 2016 Tuition Fee Payment Plan Contract for Residents, Terms and Conditions
- Fall 2016 Non-Resident Tuition Fee Payment Plan Contract
Fresno State offers many fee waiver and deferment programs. If you have been awarded a fee waiver or deferment etc., and have questions, click here for a list of contacts to assist you with the payment process and your student account.
The following is reprinted from the California State University (CSU) Budget Office.The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after fees are initially charged or initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees. All listed fees, other than mandatory systemwide fees, are subject to change without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees, the Chancellor, or the Presidents, as appropriate. Changes in mandatory systemwide fees will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Working Families Student Fee Transparency and Accountability Act (Sections 66028 - 66028.6 of the Education Code).