Reading About Water 2017-18
Join us in a campus-wide program to read (and talk) about water! Use hashtag #ReadingAboutWater on social media.
Water 4.0: the past, present, and future of the world's most vital resource by David L. Sedlak, published by Yale University Press, 2014.
Fresno State students, faculty, and staff can access the book as an ebook from the Henry Madden Library.
- See the web site for the book.
- Follow the author on Twitter: @water4point0.
- Watch a 2015 TEDx talk by David Sedlak: 4 ways we can avoid a catastrophic drought
- April 2, 2018, 4pm-5pm: Opening Reception for the Student Water Showcase--work by students in Reading About Water courses. Third floor, north wing, Henry Madden Library. The Showcase will be on display through April 20.
- April 12, 2018, 5:30pm: Student Water Symposium will be held at 5:30pm in North Gym 118 preceding David Sedlak's talk. Come hear short presentations by students in Reading About Water courses!
- April 12, 2018, 6pm: Water 4.0 author David L. Sedlak will visit Fresno State and give a public talk at 6pm in North Gym 118.
- April 27, 2018, 6pm:The Friends of the Madden Library will host an event on the proposed Temperance Flat Dam. Hear pro and con points of view from Mario Santoyo and Chris Acree. Reception at 6pm with program beginning at 6:30. RSVP by April 19 at http://fresnostate.edu/libraryrsvp (use code LIBWATER5).
New this year! Join us for informal, bi-weekly lunchtime discussions as we read through Water 4.0. All Fresno State staff, students, and faculty are welcome. Meetings will be held noon-1pm Wednesdays in the Henry Madden Library on these dates:
- January 17, chapters 1-2
- January 31, chapters 3-4
- February 14, chapters 5-6
- February 28, chapters 7-8
- March 14, chapters 9-10
- March 28, chapters 11-12
- April 12 (Thursday), Last meeting with special guest David Sedlak!
This meeting will take place at the Jordan Agricultural Research Center conference room.
Sign up here! A limited number of free copies of the book are available for book club participants, first come, first served.
Please sign up for the Reading About Water Faculty Learning Community. We would love to have you and your students join us in Reading About Water this spring!
Please include the book (info above) when submitting your textbook list to the bookstore.
Space has been reserved in the library for our Water Showcase, April 2 through 20. Will your students produce posters, displays, or other items that can go on exhibit? Please contact David Drexler.
Student presentations are being sought for the Student Water Symposium, to be held April 12 before the author's campus talk. Ten minute slots (including Q&A) are available. Longer presentations can take two slots if needed for up to twenty minutes. Please contact Chih-Hao Wang.
Shortcut to this page: http://tinyurl.com/WaterReading17-18