Reading About Water 2015-16
Join us in a campus-wide program to read (and talk) about water! Use hashtag #ReadingAboutWater on social media.
The West without Water: What Past Floods, Droughts, and Other Climatic Clues Tell Us about Tomorrow by B. Lynn Ingram and Frances Malamud-Roam, University of California Press, 2013.
Available in hardcover, paperback, and as an e-book for all major platforms. An unlimited access e-book is also available through the library. This e-book can be read online or it can be downloaded to computers or mobile devices for two weeks at a time.
- April 11-29, 2016: Water Showcase--work by students in Reading About Water courses. Third floor, Henry Madden Library.
- April 20, 2016 (Wednesday): Campus Earth Day event from 10am-3pm in front of the Kennel bookstore.
- April 28, 2016 (Thursday): Author B. Lynn Ingram will visit Fresno State and speak in the Leon and Pete Peters Educational Center (in the Student Rec. Center). [PDF flyer]
More water-related events
- April 26, 2016 (Tuesday): Water Year 2016: The Challenges of Water Project Operations. A briefing from the Water Education Foundation. [Full info and tickets]
- April 29, 2016 (Friday): Groundwater: Our hidden and unprotected heritage. Public talk by Mark Grossi, former environmental/science writer at the Fresno Bee. [RSVP by April 21]
- April 30, 2016 (Saturday): Water-Wise Plant Give and Take Event, 8am-noon at the Fresno State Horticulture Nursery. [Full info]
Information for participants in the Reading About Water Faculty Learning Community.
Please add your Reading About Water classes to this online spreadsheet. We'll use this to coordinate visits between classes.
Please include the book (info above) when submitting your textbook list to the bookstore!
Space has been reserved in the library for our Water Showcase, April 11-29. Will your students produce posters, displays, or other items that can go on exhibit? Please contact David Drexler.
Climate change/El Niño resources
- Science Net lesson examples
- Mission Geography module
- Climate Reanalyzer
- Windyty, wind map & forecast
Shortcut to this page: http://tinyurl.com/WaterReading15-16