Best Paper Awards Eligibility
To be eligible for a Best Paper Award, applicants must
- be currently enrolled at Fresno State as an undergraduate student at any level. All majors are eligible.
- have completed the original research paper under consideration for a Fresno State credit course during the Spring 2017, Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and Spring 2018 semesters.
- agree to contribute the paper to the permanent collection of the Fresno State Digital Repository.
- agree to serve in a focus group by Credo Reference pertaining to your research projects.
Dates to Remember
Submissions are due by Friday, April 20 at 5 PM to email@example.com.
Winners will be announced at the Undergraduate Writing Conference on May 3 from 4 to 5:30 PM on the 2nd floor of the Henry Madden Library
Directions for Submission
All submissions must include a 500-600 word Description of Research Strategies, discussing your pre-search process and the library databases used.
Submit your Description of Research Strategies and prize submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 20 at 5 PM. You will receive an email confirmation when your paper has been received.
All submissions must include a 500-600 word Description of Research Strategies discussing your pre-search process and the library databases used.
The original research paper submitted must
- utilize library research and library collections, including but not limited to printed resources, databases, primary sources, and materials in all media.
- be within 2000-5000 words in any style (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.).
- include a reference page or bibliography (this is not included in the word count).
Research papers that fall under the topics of water sustainability, diversity, and social justice are highly encouraged.
A panel of Fresno State faculty, librarians, and other educators will judge entries using this rubric.
Contact Ray Pun at email@example.com.
About the Library's Digital Repository
All work submitted for the Undergraduate Research and Writing Prizes will be considered for publication in the Library's Digital Repository (DR).
The DR will host an online journal titled Undergraduate Research and Writing Prize Submissions, and submitted papers will be considered to be included in the repository accessible for all to view and read.
For questions about the DR, please contact Tiewei Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org.