Spring 2017 Faculty Learning Community: Apply here!
In this Faculty Learning Community, participants will develop strategies to support student writers in their courses. We'll explore in particular the writing backgrounds and needs of Fresno State's diverse student body. Participants will also develop and share classroom activities that draw on best practices in writing instruction. $200 of professional development money will be available to participants who attend 4 of 5 workshops.
Workshop 2: Demystifying Your Discipline's Writing Conventions
- Monday, Feb. 27 from 10AM to 12PM (HML 2132)
- Thursday, March 2 from 2-4PM (HML 2132)
Workshop 4: The Writing Process and Low-Stakes Writing
- Monday, March 27 from 10AM to 12PM (HML 2132)
- Thursday, March 30 from 2-4PM (HML 2132)
Workshop 5: Peer Review Strategies
- Monday, April 17 from 10AM to 12PM (HML 2132)
- Thursday, April 20 from 2-4PM (HML 1222)
Spring 2017 Special Workshops
- Friday, February 17: RSVP here.
- Friday, March 10: Dr. Kelly Ritter will present a workshop on responding to student writing from 1:30-3:30 PM in HML 2108. Dr. Ritter is Professor of English and Director of Undergraduate Rhetoric at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She is also editor of College English. RSVP here.
Email Tom McNamara to schedule an individual consultation. Individual consultations can focus on syllabus and assignment design, peer review and workshop strategies, and classroom activities that foster effective student writing.