Tutoring Opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM)
To support students' academic success, the Learning Center, located in the Henry Madden Library, offers a wide range of outstanding services: tutoring and supplemental instruction in nearly two dozen courses, workshops, study space, and academic coaching. In addition to the Learning Center, tutoring in STEM courses is provided by the Departments of Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems & Decision Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics.
Student success in STEM-related majors is also supported by the Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP) and the Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) program in the College of Science and Mathematics, as well as by the Pathways Program in the Lyles College of Engineering. Visit these programs' Web sites for more information!
STEM Tutoring Links
Visit the following web pages for department-specific tutoring information:
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Information Systems and Decision Sciences
Lyles College of Engineering (Engineering Majors Only):
- Pathways: Student Services--offers tutoring for all core engineering, general education and gate-keeper courses. Contact Hernan Maldonado at 559.278.5408 or email email@example.com
- List of tutoring offered for Fall 2013
- The Learning Center - Tutoring provided for Accountancy, Chemistry, Decision Sciences, Economics, Math,
Physics, and Statistics.
Location: Henry Madden Library, Collection Level (Basement)