Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Get the latest information about Spring 2022 Updates/COVID-19. Before coming to campus, take the COVID-19 Daily Screening.

Frequently Asked Questions


Do you schedule conference rooms?

No. Contact a department, College, USU Scheduling Office, University Business Center, or Smittcamp Alumni House to reserve a conference room. (See "Other Offices").

Do you schedule computer labs?

No. Contact a Department, College, or Learning Resource Center. (See "Other Offices").

Does your office rent out classrooms or outdoor spaces to the public / NPOs / non-campus entities?


Do you schedule outdoor lawn areas?

Yes; only to campus entities, and mainly Maple Mall and O'Neill Park. To inquire about a specific outdoor space, contact our office. Student groups and clubs must go through the Student Involvement: Activities & Leadership office (See "Other Offices").

Are food/drinks allowed in the classrooms?


Do you reserve classrooms / outdoor spaces for campus student clubs / groups?

Please contact the Reservation Center/Student Involvement. (See "Other Offices").

Who do I contact if there is a problem with a classroom?

  • AC/Heating -- Plant Operations, (559) 278.2373
  • Missing chairs/tables/lectern/podium -- Warehouse, (559) 278.2139
  • Tech equipment -- Classroom & Video Services, (559) 278.2674

Do you schedule campus tours?

No. Contact the University Outreach Services office, (559) 278.8236, or visit their website for more information.

How do I schedule a student organization event?

Student organizations need to request a room from the Reservation Center/Student Involvement (278-6024) located in USU 301, which will confirm the organization and its status.


When is the class schedule due to the Scheduling Office?

Click here for class schedule due dates.

When is APDB/FAD due to the Scheduling Office?

  • Fall = after Fall census date - 1st week in October

  • Spring = after Spring census date - 1st week in March

What is a "CS Number"?

A Course Classification Number (CS #); "C" stands for "Classroom" and "S" stands for "Supervision." This data element identifies a particular mode of instruction for a resource segment activity.

(See List of CS Numbers.)

What if I cannot add an instructor to a class?

View the Instructor/Advisor Table to make sure the "Effective Date" is correct.  You may need to add a new row if there is a new effective date on the course or the course is a Topics course.

What is the difference between cross-list and combined course?

A cross-listed course is combined at the catalog level and is approved through the curriculum process. A combined course is at the section level per semester. These courses will meet the same day/time, have the same unit value, title, CS number and share the enrollment.

How do I set variable units at the section level?

Set variable units at Curriculum Management > Adjust Class Associations.  The Minimum and Maximum units need to be the same.