M E M O R A N D U M
DATE: January 16, 2019
TO: Campus Community
FROM: Robert M. Harper, Interim Provost
SUBJECT: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS - PROVOST'S AWARDS 2018-2019
I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the Provost's Awards for the 2018-2019 academic year. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to submit nominations in the following categories:
- Excellence in Teaching: Current full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty
- Faculty Service: Current full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty
- Distinguished Achievement in Research, Scholarship, or Creative Accomplishment: Current full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty
- Innovation: Current full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty
- Promising New Faculty: Current full-time tenure-track faculty
- Outstanding Lecturer: Current lecturers
Nomination form and instructions are available online:
Each nomination packet should consist of the following:
1. Nomination form.
2. Nomination letter signed by nominator (no more than two single-spaced pages).
3. Nominee's narrative and summary of his/her strengths in light of the criteria for the particular award. Please be very specific and limit narrative to no more than two single-spaced pages.
4. Nominee's current CV
5. Additional relevant information not to exceed three pages.
Nominees are only eligible to be nominated for one category during an academic year.
Only nominations that comply with these guidelines will be considered.
Nomination packets are due in the office of the Provost on or before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 22, 2019. Please contact Daunette Dryden @ 82636 if you need more information.