M E M O R A N D U M
DATE: January 29, 2018
TO: The Campus Community
FROM: Lynnette Zelezny, Provost
SUBJECT: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS PROVOST AWARDS 2017-2018
I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the Provost Awards for the 2017-2018 academic year. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to submit nominations in the following categories:
- Excellence in Teaching: Current full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty
- Faculty Service: Current full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty
- Distinguished Achievement in Research, Scholarship, or Creative Accomplishment: Current full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty
- Innovation: Current full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty
- Promising New Faculty: Current full-time tenure-track faculty
- Outstanding Lecturer: Current lecturers
Nomination form and instructions are available online:
http://fresnostate.edu/academics/provosts-awards/index.html and in the office of the Provost, Haak Administration Center #4116, Henry Madden Library, 4th floor.
Each nomination packet should consist of the following:
1. Nomination form
2. Nomination letter (no more than two single-spaced pages).
3. Nominee's narrative and summary of his/her strengths in light of the criteria for the particular award. Please be very specific and limit the narrative to no more than two single-spaced pages.
4. Nominee's current CV
5. Additional relevant information not to exceed three pages.
Nominations that fail to comply with these guidelines will not be considered.
Only one nomination and one category per person will be accepted.
Nomination packets are due in the office of the Provost on or before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 30, 2018. Please contact Daunette Dryden @ 82636 for additional information.