PROVOST'S AWARDS PROCEDURAL GUIDELINES
Each academic year the Provost establishes a Provost's Awards Committee. The committee is composed of the following representatives:
- Two previous Provost's Awards recipients nominated by the Academic Senate
- One student selected by the Associate Students Incorporated
- The Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs
- One Department Chair selected by the Provost
- One Dean selected by the Council of Deans
- Administrative Assistant/Office of the Provost
Any faculty member, administrator, staff or student may nominate any current, full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty member for the Excellence in Teaching Award, Faculty Service Award, Distinguished Achievement in Research, Scholarship, or Creative Accomplishment Award, and the Innovation Award.
Any faculty member, administrator, staff, or student may nominate any current, full-time tenure-track faculty for the Promising New Faculty Award.
Any faculty member, administrator, staff, or student may nominate any current lecturer for the Outstanding Lecturer Award.
Each nomination packet should consist of the following:
1. Nomination form
2. Nomination letter (no more than two single-spaced pages).
3. Nominee's narrative and summary of his/her strengths in light of the criteria for the particular award. Please be very specific and limit the narrative to no more than two single-spaced pages.
4. Nominee's current CV
5. Additional relevant information not to exceed three pages.
Nominations that fail to comply with these guidelines will not be considered.
Only one nomination and one category per faculty member will be accepted.
All nominations must be made on the nomination form available online at http://fresnostate.edu/academics/provosts-awards/award-guidelines/nomination-form.html and received by the committee c/o the provost’s office (Henry Madden Library, Room 4116) no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 30, 2018.
Faculty members receiving these awards will be honored at a reception hosted by the Provost on Thursday, May 10, 2018. The recipient of the Provost's Award for Excellence in Teaching will also be recognized and seated at spring 2018 commencement ceremonies and will be asked to give a presentation during the fall 2018 semester. All other recipients will be asked to participate in a panel presentation either during the fall 2018 or spring 2019 semesters.
These awards are based upon superior performances in the above mentioned areas and only current full-time, tenured, tenure-track faculty and current instructors at California State University, Fresno are eligible. There is no requirement that any category be awarded each year. Previous recipients are not barred from consideration during any subsequent year.
FUNDING THE PROVOST'S AWARDS
Funding for the awards and administration of the program is provided through non-state dollars.