The Provost's Awards were established in 1996 because outstanding teaching, research and service are central to the mission of Fresno State and because the dedication of our professorial faculty deserves special recognition. Recipients of the Provost's Awards provide our students with a stimulating environment that fosters learning and affirms the university as the intellectual and cultural leader of the San Joaquin Valley. The purpose of the Provost's Awards is to honor those faculty members who set new standards of excellence and represent the heart of this great university.
Provost's Awards 2013-2014
Coming soon! The "Call for Nominations" for the Provost's Awards 2013-2014 will be distributed via email at the end of January 2014.
Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to submit nominations of full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty, or an academic program for the Assessment of Learning award.
Nominations may be submitted in the following categories:
- Excellence in Teaching
- Technology in Education
- Graduate Teaching and Mentoring
- Faculty Service
- Distinguished Achievement in Research, Scholarship, or Creative Accomplishment
- Promising New Faculty Award
- Distinguished Achievement in Assessment of Learning
You may access the Nomination form and Procedural Guidelines at the links below.
Each nomination packet should consist of the following:
- Nomination form
- Nomination letter (no more than two single spaced pages).
- Nominee’s narrative and summary of his/her strengths in light of the criteria for the particular award. Please be very specific and limit the narrative to no more than two single-spaced pages.
- Nominee’s current CV or the current SOAP for the Assessment award.
- Additional information not to exceed three pages.
Nominations that fail to comply with these guidelines will not be considered. Only one nomination and one category per person will be accepted.
Please contact Elise Rodriguez @ 278-2636 for additional information.