Fresno State Programs for Children, Inc. provides services to the children of the California State University, Fresno student body and to a limited extent, faculty, staff, and the larger community.
We are a funded program of the California Department of Education (CDE). We are mandated by CDE to follow state admission priorities. Fees for low-income families are determined on a sliding scale based on family size and income. The scale is provided by the State Department of Education. Families paying full fee are enrolled if space is available.
It is our goal to serve as many California State University, Fresno student families as possible while providing high quality care and education services for children enrolled in the program.
Enrollment priorities are determined by a waiting list. Individual families may apply for services at any time during the year, but must renew their application each March. Applications that are not renewed for the upcoming academic year are placed in an inactive file and taken off the waiting list.
Applications are considered in the following order, dependent upon eligibility:
- Currently enrolled returning families and siblings, if eligible.
- New applications from families who are eligible for subsidized services in order of the highest ranking using ranking criteria established by the State Department of Education.
After enrollment of all eligible student families (both returning and new) consideration is next given to:
- Student families receiving subsidies from other sources (e.g. Supportive Services, PACE, Fresno County, DSS).
- Student families willing and able to pay the full fee.
After student families have been enrolled, consideration is then given to:
- California State University, Fresno faculty and staff.
- Community members.
When a position becomes available, you are notified by telephone. You are required to provide requested documentation regarding your financial and educational needs.