F-1 to B-1/B-2 Change of Nonimmigrant Status
Submit your application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) by mail.
Mail the following documents to the USCIS Lockbox
- Detailed letter. Why are you requesting the change of status? What arrangements have you made to depart the U.S.?
- Form I-539
- $370 fee: check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”
- You may also pay the filing fee with a credit card by completing form G-1450 and place the form on top of your application when filing.
- Original I-94 card or photocopy of admission stamp and paper printout of I-94 record
- Photocopy of the visa page and identification page in your passport
- Photocopy of every previously Issued I-20
- Evidence of financial support (such as a bank statement)