Non-degree Student Admission Requirements
Fall: June 1 (Students outside the U.S.)
Fall: August 1 (Students in the U.S.)
Spring: November 1 (All students)
You are considered as an International applicant if:
- You are not a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (Green Card).
- You hold or intend to hold non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 visa status while you are studying at CSU Fresno.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit the Paper Application. To avoid errors, please type your information in the fillable form.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee of $70 USD at https://commerce.cashnet.com/fresnoem_ISSP by credit card. Or, it can be paid by check, money order, or bank draft. Please make it payable to "California State University, Fresno".
3. Official English Proficiency Score Report (Institution Code: 4312)
TOEFL - Minimum of 61 iBT (or 500 Paper Based), or
IELTS - Minimum 6.0 Band Score or 5.5 Band Score with 5.5 in each section, or
SAT I - Reading and Writing of 550, or
ACT - English 22, or
AP English Language and Composition - 3 or higher, or
AP English Literature and Composition - 3 or higher, or
GTEC (Global Test of English Communication) - 1075, or
IB Eng A Language and Literature - HL4, or
IB Eng A Literature - HL4, or
Fresno State's American English Institute - Advanced Level, or
ELS Language Centers - Level 112, or
FLS International Language School – Level 16, or
TLC The Language Company – Level 9, or
UC Davis IEPP - Level 800, or
UCLA Extension - Level 6, or
Pearson's Test of English - 45
NOTE: Mail in an unofficial score report along with other required documents.
I. Applicants studied (or currently studying) in US high schools for three or more years.
II. Applicants who demonstrate 3 years of full-time academic study in the following countries/regions where the language of instruction was English: Australia; Canada (Quebec needs English Demonstration); Ireland; New Zealand; UK; Antigua; Bahamas; Barbados; Belize; Bermuda; Botswana; Dominica; Gambia; Ghana; Grand Cayman Is.; Grenada; Guyana; Jamaica; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Mauritius; Nigeria; Scotland; Sierra Leone; South Africa; St. Kitt; St. Lucia; St. Vincent & Grenadines; Trinidad & Tobago; Uganda; Virgin Islands; Wales; Zambia; Zimbawe.
4. Original or certified copies of Academic Credentials with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit.
All academic work must be included. See chart below.
5. Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one semester (or one year) of study. For details please review the estimated yearly cost chart here.
6. A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport.
7. Statement of purpose, principal's or teacher's recommendation is encouraged not required.
* Please scan and email the unofficial documents (including the TOEFL or IELTS score report) to the following International Admissions Officers:
|Last Name Begins with Alpha||Assigned Admissions Officer|
|A-D, All Chinese Applicants (China, Hong Kong, & Taiwan)||Danny Wanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Express mail your completed official documents to:
California State University, Fresno
Attention: International Admissions
5150 N. Maple Ave. M/S JA56
Fresno, California 93740 USA