Graduate Admission Requirements
Fall: June 1 (Application Opens October 1)
April 1 (Early Application Deadline)
Spring: November 1 (Application Opens August 1)
October 1 (Early Application Deadline)
You are not a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (Green Card)
You hold or intend to hold non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 visa status while you are studying at CSU Fresno
1. Submit an online graduate application at CSU Mentor. Also, a non-refundable Application Fee of $55 USD for graduate application can be paid by credit card. During online application OR
mailed in the form of check, money order or wire transfer payable to The California
State University, Fresno.
2. Official English Proficiency Score Report (Institution Code: 4312)
Graduate: TOEFL - Minimum of 80 iBT, or IELTS - Minimum of 6.5 Band Score
3. Original or certified copies of Academic Credentials with literal English translation. All academic work must be included. See chart below.
4. Financial document (no older than 6 months) from sponsors showing the amount and source of support.
5. A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport.
6. Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable).
7. Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
*Required by certain graduate programs.
8. Additional Documentation (if required by the department) - Masters’ candidates must meet additional program requirements as specified by the major department.
Those with Bologna degrees are now eligible to apply for Graduate admission. In addition to your academic transcripts/diploma (in original language and English translation), students must also submit their Diploma Supplement.
Await Confirmation of Application
Express mail your completed application documents to:
Option 1: University Express Mail Services (UEMS) (Recommended)
If you would like to receive your I-20 within 3-5 business days after ISSP issues it, then we encourage you to register with University Express Mail Services (UEMS) at https://study.eshipglobal.com/
UEMS allows you to receive your I-20 via DHL or FedEx within 3-5 business days with a modest fee at your expense. A tracking number will be available to you when your documents are sent.
UEMS accepts major debit cards and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover).
Option 2: Regular Air Mail
If you decline the University Express Mail Services, then your documents will be sent via regular Air Mail at no cost to you.
We will send the documents via regular Air Mail (approximate delivery time varies between 4-8 weeks) to the address indicated on your admissions application. No tracking number will be available.
Option 3: Authorize a friend or a relative to pick up your documents
You can also authorize a friend or a relative to pick up your documents at our office.
STEP 1. Email a statement to firstname.lastname@example.org to authorize a friend or a relative to pick up your documents.
Provide the following information:
Your Name and student ID
Friend's or Relative's name and contact information
A statement authorizing them to pick up your documents from Fresno State ISSP office
STEP 2. Your friend or relative must have a proper ID and will need to sign for the documents when picking up the documents.