Exchange or Non-degree Special Student Admissions
- Fall Semester: From October 1 to June 1 the following year
- Spring Semester: From August 1 to November 1
You are considered as an International applicant if:
- You are not a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (Green Card).
- You hold or intend to hold non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 visa status while you are studying at CSU Fresno.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit the Paper Application. To avoid errors, please type your information in the fillable form.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee of $55 USD at https://commerce.cashnet.com/fresnoem_ISSP by credit card. Or, it can be paid by check, money order, or bank draft. Please make it payable to "California State University, Fresno".
3. Official English Proficiency Score Report (Institution Code: 4312)
TOEFL - Minimum of 61 iBT (or 500 Paper Based), or
IELTS - Minimum 6.0 Band Score. Otherwise, 5.5 Band Score with 5.5 in each section, or
SAT I - Reading and Writing of 550, or
ACT - English 22, or
AP English Language and Composition - 3 or higher, or
AP English Literature and Composition - 3 or higher, or
GTEC (Global Test of English Communication) - 1075, or
IB Eng A Language and Literature - HL4, or
IB Eng A Literature - HL4, or
Fresno State's American English Institute - Advanced Level, or
ELS Language Centers - Level 112, or
FLS International Language School – Level 16, or
TLC The Language Company – Level 9, or
UC Davis IEPP - Level 800, or
UCLA Extension - Level 6, or
Pearson's Test of English - 45
NOTE: Mail in an unofficial score report along with other required documents.
I. Applicants studied (or currently studying) in US high schools for three or more years.
II. Applicants who demonstrate 3 years of full-time academic study in the following countries/regions where the language of instruction was English: Australia; Canada (Quebec needs English Demonstration); Ireland; New Zealand; UK; Antigua; Bahamas; Barbados; Belize; Bermuda; Botswana; Dominica; Gambia; Ghana; Grand Cayman Is.; Grenada; Guyana; Jamaica; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Mauritius; Nigeria; Scotland; Sierra Leone; South Africa; St. Kitt; St. Lucia; St. Vincent & Grenadines; Trinidad & Tobago; Uganda; Virgin Islands; Wales; Zambia; Zimbawe.
4. Original or certified copies of Academic Credentials with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit.
All academic work must be included. See chart below.
5. Financial document (no older than 6 months) from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one semester (or one year) of study. For details please review the estimated yearly cost chart here.
6. A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport.
7. Statement of purpose, principal's or teacher's recommendation is encouraged not required.
Express mail your completed application with official documents to:
California State University, Fresno
International Student Services & Programs (ISSP)
5150 N. Maple Ave. M/S JA56
Fresno, California 93740 USA
Please scan and email your unofficial documents immediately to the Admissions Specialists below. Upon admission, official documents will be required. Please refer to the information below so that you can contact the appropriate international admissions member if you require any assistance.
For applicant’s last name begins with ALPHA:
A-G Danny Wan firstname.lastname@example.org
H-P Brenton Conner email@example.com
Q-Z Geovany Castillo firstname.lastname@example.org
Await Confirmation of Application:
* You will receive an automatic email response confirming our receipt of your online application.
* Your application cannot be processed until all required materials are received.