As a condition of your enrollment at California State University, Fresno you will be automatically enrolled in the CSU-approved health insurance policy. You will be automatically charged the health insurance premium in two installments during the academic year. A charge of $650 will appear on your cashier's bill for the required health insurance policy for the Fall 2016 semester, covering the period of August 9, 2016 - January 8, 2017. Similarly, a charge of $895 will appear on your bill for the Spring 2017 semester, covering the period of January 9, 2017 - August 8, 2017. Your dependents are not covered under this plan.
Those students who have coverage provided by a sponsoring organization, such as the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission, will not be required to enroll in the CSU-approved health insurance plan. Please purchase travel insurance ONLY for the period that you will be in the United States that is not covered by the effective dates of the policy listed above.
Health Insurance Basics for Spring 2017
- Health Insurance is automatically billed to your student account on January 30th.
- Payment can be made at the cashier’s window or online when paying tuition
- You need your policy number, NOT your card to go to doctor. If you don’t have your policy number you can call Wells Fargo 1-800-853-5899
- Aetna no longer mails physical Cards to you, you can log into https://www.aetnastudenthealth.com/ entering your Fresno State ID# and date of birth to print/save electronic card
- If it has been 3-4 weeks since you started school and you can’t retrieve your electronic health card online, check with the ISSP office to make sure your name is on the Health Insurance List
- Health Insurance does NOT COVER dental, vision, spouse, or dependents
- The Policy booklet is available on our ISSP website
- If you need any help with reimbursements, what your policy covers, new card, temporary card i.e. AlwaysCall Wells Fargo 1-800-853-5899 NOT Aetna
- If you use the Fresno State Health Center, save your receipts!! You will have to pay the cost upfront and then call Wells Fargo get a reimbursement form.
- If you get a letter from Aetna asking for Social Security Number or ITIN Number make sure you shed the letter and throw it away. You may get the request up to 3 times, it’s SPAM if you don’t have a SS# just throw it away!
- TO DO: After you have a place to live, a local address, CALL Wells Fargo to update your contact information 1-800-853-5899. The default address is the ISSP office: 5150 N. Maple Ave M/S JA56, Fresno, CA 93740.