10-Step Checklist for New Admits
Congratulations on your admission to California State University, Fresno! Your journey to Fresno State starts here.
As you prepare for your travels to Fresno State, it is important that you understand the procedures and complete the necessary items prior to your arrival.
If you have recently received your admission letter and your I-20 (or DS-2019) document, you are ready to complete the following steps.
Please read each item carefully.
2. Complete the Online Orientation
After selecting "Create New Account," select "International" in the dropdown menu.
3. Complete the ALEKS Exam (Only for Undergraduate Students)
Undergraduate students are required to place into their appropriate mathematics course through ALEKS PPL system. ALEKS PPL is a learning and placement program. It uses adaptive questioning to determine your mathematical knowledge and skills quickly.
- Use this link to log in to the International student cohort ALEKS PPL system. Your ALEKS PPL class code is ARHCL-VAPNX.
- Bookmark the Fresno State ALEKS PPL Portal.
- Complete the initial knowledge check. Take your time on this assessment, as the ALEKS PPL system will give you topics to study and practice which are appropriate to your skill level.
- Work in ALEKS PPL. Complete at least 70% of the ALEKS PPL pie chart before you arrive here at Fresno State. Take an additional practice placement to see your improvement.
- The international student office has scheduled proctored placements for you. Please sign up here: ALEKS Sign Up
- Health Insurance for Fresno State link: https://student.jcbins.com/10
6. Health Immunizations
All incoming new students are required to provide specific health information to the Fresno State Student Health & Counseling
Center for health clearance. Please review the Immunization Requirements for International Students.
You will need the following documents to complete your health clearance requirements:
- All immunization records from childhood and adulthood.
- Any blood test results for Tuberculosis (TB) and chest x-ray reports if you have them.
- Please complete this TB BLOOD TEST VERIFICATION FORM and bring supporting documents to the Check-In Days. A representative from the Student Health & Counseling Center will be present to collect your documents and answer any of your questions.
If you have questions regarding the form or the university health immunization policy, you can contact the Student Health & Counseling Center.
7. Register for your Classes
If you have not created your personal Fresno State email, you will need to do so in
order to access your Student Portal.
To create an account, to go https://my.fresnostate.edu, click the link below the log-in box that says "get an account now". Using your student ID number listed at the top of this letter, follow the prompt to create your account.
Don't wait too late to register for classes! The first day of registration for the Spring 2020 Semester is December (Date coming soon), 2019
8. Register for Airport Pick-Up
9. Attend Orientation
- For students who are in Fresno, you can also stop by the Cashier’s Office to make your payment with no additional fee.
- Don't wait too late to pay for your classes!
- During your first semester at Fresno State, there will be no adverse effects if you are unable to pay by the first payment deadline.