10-Step Checklist for New Students
Congratulations on your admission to California State University, Fresno! Your rewarding journey starts here.
Please see the dates for the required Check-in and Orientation.
If you have received your admission letter and the I-20 (or DS-2019) Form, you are ready to complete the following steps.
Please go through each item carefully.
1. Apply for U.S. Visa (F-1 or J-1)
2. Complete the Online Orientation
- After selecting "Create New Account," select "International" in the drop-down menu.
3. Make Housing Arrangements
- Health Insurance for Fresno State link: https://student.jcbins.com/10
All incoming new students are required to provide specific health information to the Fresno State Student Health & Counseling
Center for health clearance. Please review the Immunization Requirements for International Students.
You will need the following documents to complete your health clearance requirements:
- All immunization records from childhood and adulthood.
- Any blood test results for Tuberculosis (TB) and chest x-ray reports if you have them.
- Please complete this TB Blood Test Verification Form and bring supporting documents to the Check-In Days. A representative from the Student Health & Counseling Center will be present to collect your documents and answer any of your questions.
If you have questions regarding the form or the university health immunization policy, you can contact the Student Health & Counseling Center.
6. Register for Classes
To access your student portal and enroll for classes, please create your personal Fresno State email at https://my.fresnostate.edu.
Click the link below the log-in box that says "get an account now". Using your student
ID number listed at the top of this letter, follow the prompt to create your account.
The first day of registration for the Spring 2020 Semester is at 8am Pacific Standard Time (PST) on December 10, 2019.
7. Request for Airport Pick-Up at Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
8. Attend Check-in and Orientation
- For students who are in Fresno, you can also stop by the Cashier’s Office to make your payment with no additional fee.
- Don't wait too late to pay for your classes!
- During your first semester, your classes will not be dropped if you are unable to pay by the first payment deadline.
- For more information, please visit the Fresno State Money Matters website.
10. Complete the ALEKS Exam (Only for Undergraduate Students)
Undergraduate students are required to place into their appropriate mathematics course through ALEKS PPL system. ALEKS PPL is a learning and placement program. It uses adaptive questioning to determine your mathematical knowledge and skills quickly.
- Use this link to log in to the International student cohort ALEKS PPL system. Your ALEKS PPL class code is ARHCL-VAPNX.
- Bookmark the Fresno State ALEKS PPL Portal.
- Complete the initial knowledge check. Take your time on this assessment, as the ALEKS PPL system will give you topics to study and practice which are appropriate to your skill level.
- Work in ALEKS PPL. Complete at least 70% of the ALEKS PPL pie chart before you arrive here at Fresno State. Take an additional practice placement to see your improvement.
- The international student office has scheduled proctored placements for you. Please sign up here: ALEKS Sign Up
Download the Fresno State Mobile App for news, alerts, information, and much more on campus!