Graduate Funding Opportunities
There are different ways to finance your graduate career at Fresno State. These are some resources to consider.
Graduate Net Initiative
- The Graduate Net Initiative offers several funding opportunities. Among these is the Graduate Research Fellowship, a competitive year-long cohort program funding high-quality, high-impact research in any discipline. Also available is the Graduate Conference Travel Grant, which helps defray the cost of presenting at national conferences or professional meetings. The Graduate Research Grant is a competitive award which helps defray the cost of conducting research associated with thesis, dissertation or culminating project. Graduate Internship Grant is a grant offers financial support to Fresno State graduate students completing unpaid internships as part of their academic program requirements.
Fresno State Financial Aid
- The Fresno State Financial Aid website is intended to provide you with a general overview of financial aid programs. It serves as a guide through the financial aid application process and assists in establishing and maintaining financial aid eligibility. The Financial Aid Office can also help with Grants, Scholarships, and Loans. You can also visit the Financial Aid office which is in the First Floor of the North Lobby in the Joyal Administration Building or call them at 559.278.2182.
Division Of Research and Graduate Studies
- The Division of Research and Graduate Studies offers a number of grants and fellowship opportunities based on merit, need, and research. If you want more information about the financial opportunities available through the Division of Research of Graduate Studies visit them in the Thomas Administration Building, Room 132, or contact them by phone at 559.278.2448.
Fresno State Scholarship Office
- The Fresno State Scholarship Office links you to over a thousand scholarships, totaling more than 3.8 million dollars available to incoming and continuing students. Institutional scholarships range from $100 to almost $35,000 and are awarded to both undergraduate and graduate students.The Scholarship office is located in Joyal Administration Building, Room 274. Their phone number is 559.278.6572.
Community Service Scholarship Program
- The Community Service Scholarship Program is structured to relate to a student’s academic major with participating nonprofit agencies, schools or government organizations in the four county service area (Fresno, Kings, Madera, or Tulare) served by Fresno State. If you have any questions related to this scholarship contact Career Development Center at 559.278.2381 or visit their office located in Thomas Administration Building, Room 103.
- External Funding can be sought through a program coordinated by the Henry Madden Library and the Foundation Center's Funding Information Network. This network is made up by a group of libraries, community foundations, and other nonprofit resource centers that can be found across the U.S. and around the world. Network partners provide a core collection of Foundation Center publications and a variety of supplementary materials and services in areas useful to grant-seekers. For more information contact Britt Fortes at 559.278.5805.
For more information about financial procedures and instructions visit the Money Matters page!