Successful Transition into Graduate School (STRINGS)
The Graduate Net Initiative is now accepting applications for a 2019 (Spring and Fall) cohort of Successful Transition into Graduate School (STRINGS). If you would like to learn more about the program, please call us at 278-5080.
Apply at: bit.ly/STRINGS_SP19 Deadline to apply: January 4, 2019
Successful Transition into Graduate School (STRINGS) is a year-long cohort program focused on helping Hispanic, African American, Asian American (including South-East Asian), first-generation, and/or returning students transition successfully into graduate school.
STRINGS, which is made possible by a U.S. Department of Education Title V Part B (PPOHA) grant, offers:
- mentorship and professional development opportunities,
- monthly cohort meetings and year-long workshops to foster practices leading to successful graduate students, and
- $500 in direct financial support.
In order to be eligible to participate in STRINGS, a student must:
- be newly admitted into a Fresno State graduate program;
- be a Hispanic, African American, Asian American (including South-East Asian), first-generation, and/or returning student (returning students are defined here as those with a lengthy break between undergraduate and graduate studies);
- be enrolled in his/her academic program for both Spring and Fall 2019 semesters; and
- remain in good academic standing while a participant in STRINGS.
For further details, see the program description (PDF, 526KB)
If you have questions, please contact the Graduate Net Initiative at 559-278-5080 or visit us at the Frank W. Thomas Bldg. Room 121.